Accurate Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate Shooters

For those of you that are shooting precision groups, how are you resting your gun?

Front bag and rear bag?

Bipod and rear bag?

Or something else?

What seems to work best for you when shooting for precision?

Almost exclusively use the Atlas in front and Weibag or similar in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post

What seems to work best for you when shooting for precision?
      The answer here, at least for me, is whatever gets my natural point of aim solid.

Comment

I mainly use a bald eagle rest up front and protektor bag in the rear.

I would practice the way you will mainly shoot. Since I mainly hunt from a blind and rest my gun on the window this setup works well.

Occasionally I'll shoot off a bipod, but I don't really have an opportunity to shoot that way when hunting so rarely finding myself using the bipod.

Comment

Bipod and rear bag mainly.

I need to buy (another) good presidium front rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

mechanical front rest and leather rabbit ear rear bag

Comment

Testing the rifle / load it is Bald Eagle up front and Protektor in rear.

Testing me bipod up front and bag in rear prone

Comment

A lot depends on your shooting style. I prefer to free recoil or with the bigger calibers roll with the punch unless it's my 45-70 with hot loads then it's hold on for dear life. Since this is my shooting style I can't stand bipods and use a adjustable front rest and rear sandbag. Depending on the flexibility of the stock and barrel weight, I try to keep the front bag about midline of the fore end. Just don't forget the other parts of precision shooting, a good shooting technique/form with a steady rest will go a lot further than the fanciest rest
                and jerking the trigger.

Here's my heavily modified Caldwell fire control rest that weighs 28 pounds and doesn't move. I've been meaning to upgrade but it must be doing ok if I can get zeroes and ones out of it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bald Eagle heavy windage slingshot front & bald eagle rear with donut...

Comment

this is a Speedy Ultra rest which I sold

Current rests I own - Sinclair Competition

Bald Eagle Slingshot with modified fine tuning knobs - picture probably 15 yrs old
                    pretty sure my camera at the time was a Sony Mavica which used 3.5" floppy discs
                    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 12-15-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Wow. Never realized there were so many options lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        this is a Speedy Ultra rest which I sold

Current rests I own - Sinclair Competition

Bald Eagle Slingshot with modified fine tuning knobs - picture probably 15 yrs old
                        pretty sure my camera at the time was a Sony Mavica which used 3.5" floppy discs

I’d love to see some of the toys you have had over the years buddy!

Build and rear bag for me. Don’t have time for much else.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I always shoot off of a bipod and my new favorite rear bag is by Mile High Shooting. I have a bald eagle front rest but rarely use it. Starting to shoot more off of tripods as well. High end tripods are nearly as stable as prone.

Comment

Front and rear bag and I don't get fancy. Caldwell from academy. And half the time I use my evo bipod and a rear bag.

Comment

lead sled works pretty well on top of a sturdy table...

Comment

Working...
                              X