Another DIY blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DIY blind

Here is a blind that I built the last couple of days. The blind is 6' x 6' x 6' 4".

First I built the base.

Then I used some old shelving to make the floor.

Next I built the walls using 2 x 2's. I made each wall independent of each other. That way i can transport it and just screw it all together.

Then it was time to put the waterproof plastic walls on. I used lots and lots of staples.

Then I put the roof on. Here is pictures of the back door and front shooting window. I only went with one small window as the spot Im putting this blind would have no view out the sides, just brush.

I made the window out of plexi glass and the back door out of 3/4 inch plywood. I used weather stripping on the window and door to keep any unwanted guest out.

Next I took the whole thing apart and added some wood sealer to protect the wood from rotting.

I then started putting it back together and painting the back 2/3 of the inside black.

After getting it back together I added some carpet and bow and arrow holder.

Now I just have to give it a quick camo paint on the outside.
    This blind cost about $300 to build. Once I get this blind in place I'm going to seal all gaps so no bugs or anything else can get inside. The blind should be waterproof and last a long time. The only problem I see is how hot it will be inside the blind. I only plan to hunt this blind in the winter and at night. I believe the blind will hold my scent in very well.

Cool, are the walls coroplast?

Comment

Love that wall quiver. I think I will borrow that idea.

Comment

Very nice! Will you have shoot through netting or anything on the window?

Comment

Looks great ! I like the arrow holder idea as well

Comment

Very nice....

Comment

you might try painting the inside with a silver reflective paint and then painting over it with black. That might cut down on the heat, assuming that it will be in direct sunlight

Comment

Very nice

Comment

nice.

Comment

Like the wall quiver
                    what are the walls made of ?

Comment

very nice. what are the walls made of, where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Comment

If the walls are made of coroplast, I found some on ebay for $10 a sheet (4x8). White or black.
                        Last edited by BIG IRON; 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
                          Cool, are the walls coroplast?
                          Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                          Like the wall quiver
                          what are the walls made of ?
                          The walls are made out of plas-tex poly wall that you can get at Lowes. I don't know if they will last but if they don't its no big deal but I hope they last at least a year or two.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Very nice! Will you have shoot through netting or anything on the window?
                          NO shoot through netting needed because you can't see in from the outside and I like to pig hunt at night and I can't see through that netting worth a darn at night.

you might try painting the inside with a silver reflective paint and then painting over it with black. That might cut down on the heat, assuming that it will be in direct sunlight
                          The blind is going to be brushed in and under the trees so it should not get much sun other than the winter when the leaves fall off the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
                            very nice. what are the walls made of, where did you get it and how much did it cost?
                            I got them at Lowes. They are Plas-tex polly wall and they are a little less than $16 a 4 x 8 sheet.

Comment

If the walls are made of coroplast, I found some on ebay for $10 a sheet (4x8). White or black.
                              Have you used coroplast before. I'm not sure what it is but I assume it is similar to what I used. Also have you used that silver paint before and if so how did it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X