Lens color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens color

Has anyone made a colored lens for a flash light namely color green.

I made a red one using cheap 3d glasses. Works great

Comment

Check in an arts and craft store or camera shop for the plastic they use over spot lights. Should come in about any color

Comment

Yep. I cut out a couple of discs (green) from a reusable zip-lock bowl and placed them over the lens. A bead of hot glue around the edge and it worked like a champ! It took two green discs to dim my light enough (200 lumen). I did the same with a red bowl (only took 1 red). My wife bought these containers around Christmas time, so I don't know if they still have the colors. I got my lights from Sam's club for $20 for two. So, I didn't have much invested. Not sure if I would "hot glue" a $100 light.

Had another TBH member tell me that he just took a green sharpie marker and colored his lens. Said it worked great as well!

Comment

I went on e-bay and got what they call DJ paper. It's what they use to color stage lights so it does not melt. It's only a couple dollars for 4 sheets, 8x8". It came in yellow green blue and red. I use it on my bow light and coyote light. It's pretty good stuff. Kevin

Comment

I've used magic marker on the lens. I'd try a whiteboard marker from an office supply store (or work?) which is technically removable on the inside surface of the clear lens and see if it works. You may be able to build it up with multiple coats. I know WD40 removes it from whiteboards when there is a residue left on them.

Comment

candy apple paint

Comment

i bought some taillight repair tape, cut it stuck over my maglite and my streamlight.......red light for under a few bucks

Comment

I used green notebook covers. Cut the center out of a flip up scope cover that fit my light and hot glued 3 discs I cut from the plastic notebook cover.

Comment

Hey trouttracker, good luck with the flashlight lens. Check your PM inbox when you get a chance. I once had a pm for about a week. I literally never check em.

Comment

cut out a circle from the bottom of an old plastic water bottle

Comment

I used red cellophane off a Valentines day candy box... as soon as the light came on the pigs were gone

Comment

Buy a laser from cheaperthandirt and mount it on your bow, align it to hit the same spot at 20 yards as your arrows.

High draw, come down from above and when you figure out which end of the black blob in the dark is the head, go "back 1/3 from the front and up 1/2 from the ground" and you're in the lungs.

KAP

Comment

Working...
                          X