shade cloth..ever use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shade cloth..ever use it?

Looking to make an inexpensive shade for Rv's at the ranch. Came across the shade cloth...anyone ever use it? Hard to work with?

Had some on the dog kennel lasted afew years.

Comment

This is what I am thinking about trying
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkW0JoyXvKM"]Combating Heat Stress with Cattle Shades - YouTube[/ame]
      Shop Gemplers for your landscaping, growing, safety supplies, clothing, footwear and pest control needs. Gemplers is a small, family-owned business based in Wisconsin and serving folks who work outdoors across the U.S.A. since 1939. We’re dedicated to always treating you like a neighbor and not a number.

Comment

The shade cloth works great. I actually installed put some up permanently on the back side of the house above some windows and covered it with wormanized lattice. It has been up for about 8 years with limited wear. I also have made several large make shift tarps with it to utilize during summer Baseball Games to protect players from the summer sun. I folded the edges over, hot glued them and installed Brass Grommets around the perimeter and they have worked great. They have had a lot of abuse and have lasted surprisingly well. They make a huge difference. I have had some pretty hostile parents get after me at Select ball games when I start taking it down after a game when the incoming teams start coming into the dugout and realize I am taking the shade with me after our games. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
          The shade cloth works great. I actually installed put some up permanently on the back side of the house above some windows and covered it with wormanized lattice. It has been up for about 8 years with limited wear. I also have made several large make shift tarps with it to utilize during summer Baseball Games to protect players from the summer sun. I folded the edges over, hot glued them and installed Brass Grommets around the perimeter and they have worked great. They have had a lot of abuse and have lasted surprisingly well. They make a huge difference. I have had some pretty hostile parents get after me at Select ball games when I start taking it down after a game when the incoming teams start coming into the dugout and realize I am taking the shade with me after our games. I highly recommend it.
          What brand are you using? This is about the best price I have found so far.
          Homesteader's Supply 63% Woven Shade Material 20 ft x 40 ft - The 63% woven shade material is U.V. resistant polypropylene material that prevents shrinkage and rotting due to sunlight exposure. Grommets every 24" on all four sides for easy installation using hooks, cable, or rope. Shade material can be used to keep livestock cool, as a wind barrier or even protection

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
            Good idea; I'm going to have to get some and try that for my lake house. It gets pretty hot in the summer and my wife puts dark curtains over the windows, that I hate, I feel like I'm in a dark cave.

Comment

Working...
            X