Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a decline in the amount of 3D tournaments ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish it was that busy down here!!

Comment

I dont know what is going on down here this year we had a drastic decline of the L.S.B.A shoots from 6 to 3 .

1 asa qualifyer with in 2 hours of us where there was about 3 or 4.

The clubs that use to hold some real good shoots stoped posting the 3-d shoots or just stoped getting the word out.

The club that holds one every month the animals are shot out and the corse is so short that there is no chalange.

I dont know if it is the price of gas or the lack of intrest or help with in the clubs but I think the clubs up north seem to work with each other more.

Comment

speaking from what I've seen our club and others go through -

When I took the reins 3 years ago as President, we thought lack of communication was the biggest reason no one helped. We quickly realized that was not it. It was negativity from active members that complained that no one helped.

So, we made a group effort to only thank the ones that did help, have fun and actively solicit ideas and discussions from the ones that didn't help. Soon, the attitude was positive and more people started coming out to help set up. Granted, sometimes we have only 3 or 4 people set up, but we always seem to have a dozen or so taking down.

But, now the participation in setting up seems to waiver. I'm no longer president, but I'm still very active in the club. We have 3 officers and 5 board members. Of the board members, only 2 are participating. Now, why did the other 3 say they'd step up to the plate and never show up? I don't know, but it is the club who suffers.

My thoughts are to have regularly scheduled club shoots so everyone knows when they are.

We also host challenging shoots and draw a decent crowd for the club shoots. Our range is never set the same. We are trying to keep the targets in decent shape.

My best solution is to actively seek new members, encourage them to help, appreciate them, and teach them. Also, go shoot some other clubs to show your support for them. Hopefully they will recipicate. If not, oh well. My goal this year is to go to at least one shoot at 2-3 different clubs b/c those clubs have supported us in the past.

Comment

There is a fun shoot In Sweetwater on the 28 and 29th of April. For more info contact Norman Mohoney at 325-798-3272 or Mike Hart 325-235-2902. No entry fee but donation are appreciated.20 targets plus novelty shots.

Comment

good luck on figureing that problem out!
            if your members want to shoot 3D they should come out and help setup and run the shoot
            Last edited by ghostofsherwood; 04-18-2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

MCAC 3D Shoot

Montgonery County Archery Club is hosting a shoot April 28th.

Comment

Kerrvilel Archery and Bowhunters Assn is havignit first 25 target 3D Tournement Aprill21 saturday 8 am card in by 2 PM

275 Witt rd center POINT TX 78010 3600

info call Old Tink@ 830 634 2878

cellis 830 460 0202

415.090 a roudn adult youth $7 a round

you allcoem TINK

Comment

Working...
                X