Wild hog ribs, done in the oven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog ribs, done in the oven!

Cleaned 9 piglets and one sow last week and took the ribs and finished them up while doing some French cut bone in pork chops (for a later date)

Turned out fantastic!!! When preping take time to remove all "silver skin" and the membrane on the gut side of the ribs.

Once preped pre heat oven to 275 and get cookie sheet and cover with foil (easy clean up)
    Dry ribs, then rub with olive oil
    Coat with dry rub, on made my own from a video posted here a few days ago: 2 parts pepper, 1 part salt, 1 part chili powder, 1/2 part smoked paprika, dash of garlic powder... or use your favorite stand by
    Cover with foil and set timer for 3.5hrs
    At the 2.5 hr mark remove ribs, drain drippings and rub with BBQ sauce of choice.. I used sweet baby rays) then return to finish time.
    Rest for 20 min

This sow was about 130-140ish
    Attached Files

Before I cut
    Attached Files

Comment

I've been meaning to try this. Looks great!

Comment

I've had the ribs once and they were great!

Comment

Wow! Those look delicious!

Comment

Look great

Comment

Going to give this a shot myself

Comment

I don't typically keep the ribs off the hogs I kill but I think I will give them a try.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

That looks really good, but with trichinosis and all the other transferable diseases that are so prevalent Texas wild hogs, I just can't bring myself to butcher or eat them. Might try this on regular pork ribs though and continue to use the wild hogs for coyote bait.

Comment

Originally posted by HankePanky View Post
                      That looks really good, but with trichinosis and all the other transferable diseases that are so prevalent Texas wild hogs, I just can't bring myself to butcher or eat them. Might try this on regular pork ribs though and continue to use the wild hogs for coyote bait.

You are missing out, just cook to proper temp and it's all good. That goes for all pork.

Comment

Originally posted by HankePanky View Post
                        Cooking to the correct will kill all of that. The meat you buy from the grocery store is no different, you can get just as sick. There's some kind of bacteria in everything.

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll have to try your method next time. I didn't like that first batch I tried.

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Working...
                              X