The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Not too bad. EC barrel proof I picked up for $64, Jefferson’s wheated was $73, IW Harper $60, and the Black Maple Hill was marked up to $89
    You’re right, thats not bad.

Comment

I’m actively searching for a bottle of PVW for a gift. I know I will pay an inflated price, I know it’s a bad time to buy.....
      Located in Fort Worth. Anybody know the wear about sod a bottle? 10yr will work

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
        I’m actively searching for a bottle of PVW for a gift. I know I will pay an inflated price, I know it’s a bad time to buy.....
        Located in Fort Worth. Anybody know the wear about sod a bottle? 10yr will work
        if you don't mind paying crazy prices Liquor-Rama off blue mound always has it... be ready though, last time I was there they wanted $500 for the 10year

You may be able to talk them down, I have no interest at it anywhere close to that so I didn't ask. They did have a store pick Blanton's for $70 which was high but not crazy. It took some time after i opened it but it's a good pour

Comment

IW Harper 15yr is in stock at Total Wine in Fort Worth, I think they had it at $65. I've told myself that I am drinking more of what I have before I buy any more bottles.

Unless I find ECBP, Elmer T, Michters 10, or any of the Stagg Family at retail. Maybe Blanton's at retail too

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by Striker918 View Post
              I know its not Whiskey but I do have an old bottle of Popcorn Sutton's Moonshine that I haven't opened in at least 5 years. Anyone know if its worth anything or worth drinking? It has a number on the top and its in a mason jar like picture provided.
              https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
              That stuff is stout and will plain out mess you up. Don’t ask me how I know lol.

Comment

Was in a different part of San Antonio and had time to waste so naturally, I hit up a local mom and pop liquor store. This expression is made here in SA grain to glass. Reminds me a lot of Michter's American expression. I need to pay these folks a visit and do the tour.
                Attached Files

Comment

Fathers Day gift

Comment

Fathers Day gift

You arent playing around!

Comment

Fathers Day gift
                      Whoa! Nice

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        if you don't mind paying crazy prices Liquor-Rama off blue mound always has it... be ready though, last time I was there they wanted $500 for the 10year

You may be able to talk them down, I have no interest at it anywhere close to that so I didn't ask. They did have a store pick Blanton's for $70 which was high but not crazy. It took some time after i opened it but it's a good pour
                        They dont have a bottle. Still looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                          They dont have a bottle. Still looking!
                          There is a liquor store, I think it’s liquor depot, on 35 between Fort Worth and Waco, same crazy prices

Comment

Grabbed a good one today in EC barrel proof and also ran across some interesting ones like Black Maple Hill, IW Harper 15, and Jefferson’s Ocean Wheated
                            I am interested to know how you feel the IW Harper 15 stacks up.

Comment

Just scored 2 more bottles of the Hakushu 12yr!

Last month, Suntory announced its halting sales indefinitely due to a shortage of aged whiskey. Buy it if you see it bc it’s delicious and it’ll all be gone soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X