No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all can sit up all night and argue about this law all you want to and change nothing except raise your own blood pressure.

I'll be in the woods come bow season with my CHL and packing a pistol with no worries in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
      Ok, let's talk the 2nd amendment... Can you walk down the street in downtown Dallas with a .45 strapped to your hip? NOT concealed?
      Can you hunt deer with your bow in downtown Dallas? Can you walk around downtown Dallas buck naked? We are not talking about downtown Dallas, we are talking about my private property. You can expand or contract the argument in any illogical fashion you want but I am going to keep asking the question that apparently you can't answer.

How does the suspension of my right to carry a pistol on my own property during bow season help the whitetail deer as you contend it does?

Comment

Y'all can sit up all night and argue about this law all you want to and change nothing except raise your own blood pressure.

I'll be in the woods come bow season with my CHL and packing a pistol with no worries in the world.
        As will I. And I'll be ****ed if Jake or any other feller tries to ruffle my feathers

Comment

You just answered your own question right there... It is illegal to shoot a deer with a pistol during archery season.
          So why does it have to be illegal to carry it without a CHL ?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            So why does it have to be illegal to carry it without a CHL ?
            Because Obama said "Change we can believe in" and fooled us all!

Comment

Can you hunt deer with your bow in downtown Dallas? Can you walk around downtown Dallas buck naked? We are not talking about downtown Dallas, we are talking about my private property. You can expand or contract the argument in any illogical fashion you want but I am going to keep asking the question that apparently you can't answer.

How does the suspension of my right to carry a pistol on my own property during bow season help the whitetail deer as you contend it does?
              I didn't write the law, I just understand why it's there. Having a pistol on you, on your own property, without a CHL, during the archery only season does nothing except throw a red flag to a GW. How can you prove you weren't intending to shoot a deer with said pistol? You can't, plain and simple. There is a way to avoid throwing that red flag... Get a CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
                Get a CHL and you can carry any time you please, in or out of bow season.
                I love that everyone here assumes I don't have my CHL and that I don't carry every day. This argument has nothing at all to do with CHL. It has to do with the infringement of our rights for crimes we might commit. I passed a background check and I have my Sig covered with my shirt tail and deer are safer somehow for the archery season....what a load of crap. Yes, I too will be out there on opening day and I will be packing my pistol, not in the open mind you because that is threatening to the deer

It just shocks me how many people are perfectly fine with a law impacting their constitional rights that makes no **** sense at all.....

Comment

I didn't write the law, I just understand why it's there. Having a pistol on you, on your own property, without a CHL, during the archery only season does nothing except throw a red flag to a GW. How can you prove you weren't intending to shoot a deer with said pistol? You can't, plain and simple. There is a way to avoid throwing that red flag... Get a CHL.
                  If I am sitting on my own property with a rifle during the archery season how can I prove to the GW I was not intending to shoot a deer with said rifle?

Comment

I love that everyone here assumes I don't have my CHL and that I don't carry every day. This argument has nothing at all to do with CHL. It has to do with the infringement of our rights for crimes we might commit. I passed a background check and I have my Sig covered with my shirt tail and deer are safer somehow for the archery season....what a load of crap. Yes, I too will be out there on opening day and I will be packing my pistol, not in the open mind you because that is threatening to the deer

It just shocks me how many people are perfectly fine with a law impacting their constitional rights that makes no **** sense at all.....
                    I read OP as "reason behind" i.e., law. He wanted to know why he couldn't do something. Not so much as to what does everyone else think and get emotional over. He wanted an answer to his question and was given it.

I think it's stupid, too. But OP's question should've been answered.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
                      Because Obama said "Change we can believe in" and fooled us all!
                      I guess when Barry tries to reinstated the AWB because of what we might do with those evil black rifles everyone here will just say, it's the law....no reason to argue with stupid laws that take our rights....bahhhh

Comment

If I am sitting on my own property with a rifle during the archery season how can I prove to the GW I was not intending to shoot a deer with said rifle?
                        david.sinclair@tpwd.state.tx.us

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I read OP as "reason behind" i.e., law. He wanted to know why he couldn't do something. Not so much as to what does everyone else think and get emotional over. He wanted an answer to his question and was given it.

I think it's stupid, too. But OP's question should've been answered.
                          Sorry for the thread drift OP, you can't carry your piston because the game warden will think you are incapable of obeying the law that already says you can't use it on a deer.

Comment

and there is the problem.... i dont have to prove my innocents.

i own a corvette. how am i going to prove i am not going to speed?
                            Last edited by crittergitter; 09-21-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

At what point did anyone say or assume you didn't have a CHL? My statement was a general statement "you" being anyone who is a resident of Texas. Your argument is absurd however.

Freedom of Speech is a right afforded to us via the 1st Amendment. However, there are provisions in place that make it unlawful to use speech which is claimed to serve no conceivable useful purpose and is extremely and imminently dangerous. such as the famous line Screaming Fire in a Theatre expresses the permissible limitations on free speech consistent with the terms of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Comment

There is another option... Run for State office, then you can introduce legislation to change the law. You can even change all the law's to suit your own belief's.

Comment

Working...
                                X