Sheet metal blinds???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet metal blinds???

How many of you have built blinds out of sheet metal? I know I have seen a couple on here, but how well, do you guys like them? My dad has a bunch of tin that came off his barn that he is going to give me and I figured we could fab up a few quick stands to sell.

I guess what Im asking is, would you guys buy a blind made out of sheet metal roofing material?

I probably wouldn't buy one myself that I could make myself, but I'm sure if you made a couple and set them out For Sale or on Craigslist you could get some takers!

Comment

I have two made out of sheet metal. One is insulated and has paneling on the inside and its warm and quiet. The other is just tin and it is very loud and cold.

Comment

Gonna do a couple out of r panel next weekend. Gonna probably insulate then a bit.

Comment

My Dad made one when I was a kid and it was really cool. He insulated the inside and it cut the noise and kept it warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
            I have two made out of sheet metal. One is insulated and has paneling on the inside and its warm and quiet. The other is just tin and it is very loud and cold.
            Can you post some pictures?

I'd like to build one.

Comment

I've hunted out of sheet metal blinds for most of my life. They work out pretty good.

This is my latest one:

I helped my Dad build one a few years back that we framed out of 1.5" square tube and skinned it with Hardiboard. It should last forever.

Grandpa built a rifle blind out of some sheet metal that he had laying around when I was a kid, it worked pretty good until some nasty winds blew the tower over and busted it all up.

Comment

Here is one I am building right now. Line the inside with foam board, and it will be plenty quiet. This is actually my second one. Taking it to our new place in rocksprings.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345601903.049715.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24108033Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345601916.746497.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24108034Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345601930.317148.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	24108035

Wow....you dont realize how dirty your shop is until you take pictures of it!
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool, more pics?

Comment

My ground blind is out of metal square tubing and corrugated roof tin. I like it a lot. It's very structurally sound and, even at 6'x6'x6', I can load and unload off a trailer by myself. Only wood in the structure and something I would advise is placing wood under the top roof tin. If you're not under cover and get caught in the rain, it's gonna be very loud in there.

Comment

better not sneeze in one thats not insulated.........or open a beer, its pretty loud

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                        Cool, more pics?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345867929.266217.jpg
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24108980My cat snooze

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345867968.946544.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	24108981Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345867987.530908.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24108982

Comment

Make sure you glue some rigid insualtion panels to the inside to absorb sound. Without insulation, the material is too noisy.

Comment

Working...
                          X