No announcement yet.

Bluetooth stereo cooler with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are sweet! I built one about 10 years ago. Partied hard with it floating the river back before they had all the laws limiting how much fun you could have. Had a raft with 8 foot flag pole for flying the Texas flag that usually provided some good pole dancing entertainment too. Let enough room at the bottom for 2 people to stand on either side of the pole. Had to get 2 girls on there to keep it balanced. That was un-intentional but very welcome side effect!

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
      No beer in mine. If you stand on it and crank it up you will have blurry vision, you can
      imagine what happens when the girls use it for a seat at the beach.
      LMAO! Very Nice

Comment

That is very cool, good job

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
          [ATTACH]361845[/ATTACH]
          I built this one to put on my flounder boat. Clarion deck, Rockford fosgate prime 500, 2 10" subs, 2 6x9s. I got a little carried away. I wanted to be able to hear it over the air motor while gigging, I accomplished my goal but it weighs more than a average sized person. It also works great for parties, or just generally disturbing the peace in my neighborhood ( just a ask my neighbors ).
          Let it drop!!!!!!!!!! Nice

Comment

just finished my stereo (cooler?)

Doesnt really qualify as a cooler cuz there is no room for drinks, but I finished it last night and it sounds pretty good. Its for my boat. Check it out!

JVC MultiMedia head unit
            MTX 900W 4-channel marine amp
            (2) MTX 7.7 coaxial speakers
            (1) MTX Thunder 10" Marine subwoofer
            Werker 35 amp/hr wheelchair battery

The head unit and amp still need a bit of tuning and I am using weather stripping to calm the lid from rattling. Its almost ready for the lake!
            Attached Files

Comment

gangsta...

Comment

Your amp is gonna over heat! Should have used a yeti!. I kid. It looks good. Should work great!

Comment

I worry about the amp getting hot. I have seen some PVC standpipes that act as vents and they give the speakers some air to push around. Might install them on the lid.

Comment

plus I could never bring myself to cut into a Yeti

Comment

I couldn't either! just giving you a hard time. Looks good though. I've build several myself and never really had any over heating problems. If your going to play it hard for a while just open the lid here and there and let it breath.

Comment

What's the battery life on something like this? Could you use a solar charger to supplement power?

Comment

You have to do a bunch amp/watt power calculations to get the total amp draw per hour of your system. I bought a 35 amp hour battery. Size and price restricted how high I could go. So I estimate 6-7 amps per hour and that roughly comes out to 4-5 hours of battery life. This is at max volume with lots of bass. Normal scenario would be more like 7-8 hours. The proof is yet to be seen. I will let you know after this weekend.

Comment

I think a solar charger would be a good idea depending on your application but in my case, it probably would not buy me much because this cooler fits under the captains seat in my boat.

Comment

Working...
                            X