Should I buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy it?

I've shot nothing but point and shoots for years. Paid a lot of money for some of them. I'm tired of the less than stellar pictures I'm getting and want to move up in the dslr photography world.

I have a chance to buy a Nikon d7000 body only for $400. I think this is a good deal from what I have read. It has great features and accepts lots of lenses.

Should I get it and if I do what one lens should be my first purchase to get started? Or am I going the wrong direction?

$400 sounds like a good deal. How many shots on it?

Comment

I'd start with a used D90. Anything around 80k actuations will have plenty of life left in it. Then go read everything you can by Ken Rockwell and start shooting. You will get addicted quickly so be aware that a camera hobby is potentially just as expensive and sometimes more so than a gun hobby

KenRockwell.com: Photography, Taking Better Pictures, Recommended Cameras, Canon, Sony, Nikon, LEICA, Fuji & More Camera and Lens Reviews

Comment

I have a d7000 and it is nice. I am about to sell my stuff due to lack of use. I have a 70-200 and a 50 1.4 if interested. Plus a big flips side bag, tripod, filters, light room software never used etc.

Comment

The D7000 is awesome. I've been out of the game too long to know $400 is a good deal, but it probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
            I have a d7000 and it is nice. I am about to sell my stuff due to lack of use. I have a 70-200 and a 50 1.4 if interested. Plus a big flips side bag, tripod, filters, light room software never used etc.
            I would be interested in LR and the 70-20mm. Is it the F/2.8 or F/4 with VR?
            Last edited by TexasWicked1; 07-14-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Get it.

The advantage of the D7000 is you can use ANY Nikon lens on it, whether it's 5 months or 50 years old. Some of those older Nikon manual focus lenses are just superb, and are very affordable.

Comment

Nice..............

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
                  I would be interested in LR and the 70-20mm. Is it the F/2.8 or F/4 with VR?
                  Sent a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                    Get it.

The advantage of the D7000 is you can use ANY Nikon lens on it, whether it's 5 months or 50 years old. Some of those older Nikon manual focus lenses are just superb, and are very affordable.

This is EXACTLY why I chose the D7000.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                      Not to high jack but pm me if I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. I've been looking for a 50mm prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                        Not to high jack but pm me if I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. I've been looking for a 50mm prime.
                        Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                        X