D-I-Y Pontoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-I-Y Pontoons

Does anyone have any plans or ideas for some pontoons? I am trying to build a couple 10-12 long floating duck blinds. So I'd need 4 pontoons. I'd like to spend less than $500 but if anyone here knows someone who could make some aluminum ones that length then I would be willing to spend a bit more. Thanks.

JP

whats wrong with using barrels? aside from that look at floating dock pontoons, the're not real expensive depending on the size you get.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
      whats wrong with using barrels? aside from that look at floating dock pontoons, the're not real expensive depending on the size you get.
      I just started doing a little more research found some plans that I think I can work with. I'm going to have to make a few modifications I think.

How do y'all think the barrels are secured to the platform of this blind?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
        I just started doing a little more research found some plans that I think I can work with. I'm going to have to make a few modifications I think.

How do y'all think the barrels are secured to the platform of this blind?
        looks like they have them held in place with rope. i think that a 1" or 2" nylon straps would be better, you could tighten them better by using the straps ratchet.

Comment

look on youtube

Comment

Try finding an old pontoon boat on craigslist and you will have a deck with pontoons already. We use them at the outfitters I work for.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can buy some sealed 55 gallon plastic drums within a reasonable distance of Beaumont, TX?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                Does anyone know where I can buy some sealed 55 gallon plastic drums within a reasonable distance of Beaumont, TX?
                Might be too long but figured I'd pass it on to ya http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/v...p?f=32&t=51731

Also if your looking for barrels give Taylor a call at Taylors deer feeders and I bet he can hook you up. He's out of Orange (409) 550- 3200
                Last edited by BowTech2010; 03-25-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                  Might be too long but figured I'd pass it on to ya http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/v...p?f=32&t=51731

Also if your looking for barrels give Taylor a call at Taylors deer feeders and I bet he can hook you up. He's out of Orange (409) 550- 3200
                  Can you post a picture of the pontoons that guy is selling here? I can't see the picture. I tried to make a name on the forum but got the confirmation code wrong like 10 times in a row somehow...

Edit: Nevermind I saw the picture
                  Last edited by johnpaul; 03-26-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I do aluminum welding in Crosby,Tx.

Comment

There is a shop (Snider Septic) in Old River on the corner of FM 565 and Sunnyside drive that has 2 alum pontoons sitting out in a junk area.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Working...
                        X