Cowboy Cooler build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Cooler build.

I feel like these types of builds have been posted a ton of times but i just thought id get y'alls input.

I started this build Monday(01-28-13) and finished on Saturday(02-01-13). It could have been done in a day but school and work made that near impossible. I was out driving when i came across some guys taking down an old fence. They were stacking the old wood by the curb for large trash day. The builder in me couldn't let that old wood go to waste so i decided that i would pick up some up and save it for a good day for a build. It turns out that i probably grabbed enough wood to build 20 coolers but now i don't need wood for awhile. Anyhow these are some pictures on how it came out enjoy.

Most of day one consisted of building the initial frame that would hold the cooler. Cooler was a snug fit,which was perfect.

I only had about an hour to work on Tuesday morning so i was able to get most of outer pickets cut and put on.

I put trim around the top and bottom to give it a separate box on legs look.
    It was starting to shape up nicely. I also assembled a frame for the lid and made sure the cooler lid fit snug and had a good seal.

I also added a water spigot for looks and functionality.I ran a tube from the cooler drain to the spigot for easy draining.

I wasn't going to add the deck at first, but i felt like there was too much space below...plus you need a place beer that doesn't fit in the cooler. So i added the deck and was pleased with the results.

That pretty much concluded the build. I'm still shopping for rustic hardware to put on the exterior. I plan to add a bottle opener,bottle cap catcher (probably will use a match box holder), and for sure some A&M aluminum cut outs ; ).

Thanks for reading.

Nice!!!

Comment

cool

Comment

I like the shelf idea. Looks good.

Comment

do you have to open both tops or has someone come up with a way to open both at the same time and have them both seal when shut?

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Looks good! I just spent $165.00 on an LSU one.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                  do you have to open both tops or has someone come up with a way to open both at the same time and have them both seal when shut?
                  My lid is one piece with the cooler lid build into the frame. It attached using 4 dry wall screw.They can be removed and the lid taken out for cleaning. The main cooler can also be removed for cleaning with minimal effort. Here are some more pics.

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

Nice. I am going to think about doing the same. That looks great.

Comment

One of the best jobs on a cooler like this that I have seen yet! Especially like the fact that the lids are both made to be one piece functioning...

Comment

Nice! I am wanting to build one but close to the ground like a coffee table to put in front of my wifes wicker furniture.

Comment

You did a great job and that really nice.

Comment

Looks great! I've built several for family and myself. All you need is the rustic hardware and you are done.... congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X