No announcement yet.

LED strip lighting for Cabover Camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat - the "issue" I couldn't find a viable solution for is how to keep the string of lights on the end of the awning tube connected to the power wire while rolling it out / in without some sort of high $$ slip ring. Since I want it permanently wired and mounted I am going to put mine on the wall. Cruising the www I have seen several examples (including packaged kits) done this way and it puts out plenty of light. Keep us updated on how it goes. Let me know if there are any questions I may be able to answer for you.

Comment

Started my RGB (multi color) installation on the awning write up here:

Comment

Tag

Comment

Thanks for posting this man! I have a 6' cab-over sleeper I use on an 8' bed. Not fully self contained. But is very well insulated . The outside strips would be perfect for my needs both on the truck and off .

Do you have solar panels for your batteries? Just wondering.

Comment

Texas Grown - you are welcome. Do a search on here, I have a few more write-ups where I replaced my florescent lighting with these strips inside the camper too. Also did a write up on putting programmable color lights on the awning.

I agree, the outside strips really help when you are trying to put it on / off at night. Also, if you are trying to hook up at a camp site at night. If I did it again, I would do the color changing lights like I put on the awning since you can still make them white too.

To answer your question, yes I have a solar panel on my roof that keeps the batteries charging. I can go all weekend running all my lights however I need to plus 12V water pump and not have any battery issues. (I also have 2 batteries...)

Comment

Working...
            X