No announcement yet.

DB Hunting Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hunted with them this weekend. It was first hunt for my girls. See posting under closest hog hunt to austin thread. We saw lots of animals. Danny does have tagged hogs on the place they are not tagged on a body size but by tusk size. So you can shoot a lrg hog and not necessarily have to pay a trophy fee. Had 2 other hunters there with us they got 3 hogs. We were going to stay in the cabin but with all the rain I don't think that it would have been wise with 2 girls. Danny worked hard to get get each of my girls a chnce at a hog JP nailed the evaluation on the cabin. good luck. If you have any specific ques. pm and i will do my best to anwser your questions.

Comment

Thanks everybody for all the input and information. I think me and my dad are going to do their big boar hog tournament.

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Sounds like fun and a pretty good deal. Let us know how it goes. I may decide to do that one of these weekends as well. Good luck

Comment

When is their hog tourney? Ive been talking to them on the phone. Never thought to ask about that.

Comment

They have the dates on their website. Different dates for rifle versus bow. They have several dates for each

Comment

I am heading there in the morning for a sunday hunt. Hope I can get my first hog wit my bow.

Comment

If you are looking for a place with lodging, I'd be happy to help! We are also offering a Father/Son combo hunt for exotics! Here is the link:

Thanks,
                  Chris

Comment

Sorry if this comes out the wrong way but........

You are a site sponsor you should hold your self to a higher standard. What I mean by this is. You are advertising for your ranch on a thread about another hunting ranch. Start your own thread if you want to advertise for your ranch. Sorry just my opinion.

Comment

MA Elite,

ABSOLUTELY did not mean to offend. This is "Day 1", literally. I'll find my place. Thanks for the head's up.

Comment

No biggie, I just don't want you to get a bad name for hijacking a thread about another hunting ranch.

Comment

ive been to DB twice for hogs and always bring home something. he also traps hogs on his place and tags the trophys. There is a new hotel in bertram cedar creek inn. think its like 50 bucks a night and real close to th eranch. they are great folks and i love going out there

Comment

I've been to D&B 4 times and had a good time there. It's esp good for youth hunters or those new to the sport as you'll see lotsa game. The accomodations are very basic but a bed and A/C is all I need. Guides are friendly and work hard. I've taken my nephew there twice and plan to go again.

Comment

DB Hunting Ranch

I just hunted with them on Sunday. I actually called on Saturday and they welcomed me for an evening hunt the next day. I had just gotten my new Admiral set up on Saturday and was itching to try it out!
                              There were two other hunters there and we all got a chance. I took a big hog that more than likely should have been a trophy. He was 110 pounds dressed and had good tusks. But he didn't have a tag (he may have very well torn it out at some point) and they did nothing but congratulate me on a great hog.
                              Besides the approximately 20 hogs that I saw, I also saw 4 whitetail spikes, a fallow stag, a fallow doe, one axis doe and a young axis buck and 2 young aoudad.
                              I had a blast and will be headed back soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X