• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damon Howart Hunter recurve

Anyone know much about these bows?

Thanks!

Ps, looking for any and all info.
    Jeff Young

A Hunter was my first trad bow. Loved it, the only thing I had a problem with was I draw 29" and it stacked some at that length.

Comment

That is what I'm finding out. But tight at 29"
      Jeff Young

Comment

I still have one and used it every year until going back to a compound last year. Just can't handle a 60lb. recurve the way I used to.

Comment

I had one a 60#er and about 1988 version with tan actionwood riser. They have varied in riser wood and later versions had beefier tip overlays due to popularity of ff type strings. As earlier noted mine seemed to stack at my 30" draw. I read a bowtest of the Hunter in a 1988 Archery magazine, the reviewer , Norb Mullaney, stated it was the fastest recurve he had tested, at amo specs he got 193 with dacron and 200fps with the then new fastflight string which Martin had o.k.ed him to test......McK

Comment

The Howatt Hunter was the first recurve that I bought. Mine appears to have a all purpleheart riser. I don't know how old it is but it is almost like new and it took me about four years to convince myself to shoot it. I normally practice with a Martin X200 and really did not notice much difference between the two bows. That being said, I shot it then put it back on the rack. There is no sense in dinging it up.

From what I have read, the Howatt Hunter, which is now the Martin Hunter, is one of the longest running models of any production bow.

Comment

Hands down one of the best (if not the best) production one piece recurve ever designed.

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X