Truck rifle scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck rifle scope

I wanting scope recommendations for a CVA Hunter 223 that I'm going to use as a truck gun. I'm not going to spend more on the scope than the rifle costs. What do you say?

I use Konus scopes for stuff like that .

Comment

Vortex crossfire is pretty inexpensive but aren't to bad for the money

Comment

SWFA makes a proven scope and they go on sale often.

Comment

Leupold freedom in 3x9 or 2x7

Comment

I have a Cabela’s .223 scope I’d make you a deal on if interested. Cheap enough you wouldn’t feel bad beating it around. It was $200 new, I’d take half that and cover shipping.

Comment

Some decent brand 2-7

Comment

I’ve got a Bushnell 3x9 with rings that I pulled off my Savage rifle never used.

Comment

Thanks for the offers. I'm not looking to buy anything just yet.

Comment

I put a Freedom on a 243 truck gun.

Comment

Redfield Revolution is a good option. I have one in 2x7x33 on a Mini-30, great eye relief, nice scope!

Comment

I would guess a truck gun is going to take a bit more vibration, jars and abuse. Some of the scopes mentioned here I know first hand do not hold up in that environment. I had a Bushnell that would take it but that particular line would be out of your price range. Camera land has a Bushnell Nitro for 199 but I have no experience with that particular line. I have heard SWFA hold up but they have been out of stock for some time (probably covid related) and might not get into your price range. Good Luck

Comment

Any Burris with a quality Rail and Burris signature tactical rings. It’s going to be abused so get the best rings and mounts out there

Comment

I've had the same idea for a Marlin youth model 30-30. It's so short I can swing it inside the truck from right to left with ease. I just don't want to "over-scope" it.

Comment

I have a Sig Whiskey 3 2-7x32 I use on a .300 blackout throw around gun that's held up well so far. I think Optics Planet has them for like $130ish.

Comment

Working...
                              X