Livescope install cost vs DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livescope install cost vs DIY

Have any of y’all installed Livescope or paid to have it done? I have had mine about a month and things are pretty crazy and busy so I haven’t had a chance to install it. This is the kind of project I usually tackle myself but I don’t really have the time...or more accurately I haven’t wanted to find the time to install it. I am wiped out at the end of the day mentally and am now considering paying someone to install it which I am sure will be ridiculously overpriced or possibly even just returning the dang thing and saying forget it. It will be going in a 21’ triton bass boat so it will not be a fun project...tight spaces along with lots of fiberglass slivers and bleeding knuckles.

If you have paid for install how much did it run? Located in east Texas

Thanks, jason

Most places are $250-$400. I’ve installed 2. Nothing to it and I’m not an electronics person. I put mine on a separate battery in a front compartment and the black box in said compartment and the graph on the bow and transducer on the TM. Nothing to it.

Comment

Thanks. I read through the instructions and it didnt look too bad, just have too much going on to tackle it. I had heard a switch was needed to turn the black box off when the transducer was out of the water. I am thinking this may be bad info because I didn’t notice you or Marty turning it off and on when I fished with y’all. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        Have any of y’all installed Livescope or paid to have it done? I have had mine about a month and things are pretty crazy and busy so I haven’t had a chance to install it. This is the kind of project I usually tackle myself but I don’t really have the time...or more accurately I haven’t wanted to find the time to install it. I am wiped out at the end of the day mentally and am now considering paying someone to install it which I am sure will be ridiculously overpriced or possibly even just returning the dang thing and saying forget it. It will be going in a 21’ triton bass boat so it will not be a fun project...tight spaces along with lots of fiberglass slivers and bleeding knuckles.

If you have paid for install how much did it run? Located in east Texas

Thanks, jason

I did mine on my skeeter and it wasn’t bad at all. Took a few hours. Where in east Texas are you? I live in Center. If you’re close to Tyler I’d say take it to nautical mile marine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I read through the instructions and it didnt look too bad, just have too much going on to tackle it. I had heard a switch was needed to turn the black box off when the transducer was out of the water. I am thinking this may be bad info because I didn’t notice you or Marty turning it off and on when I fished with y’all. Is this correct?
          Run power wires to the graph power cable from the battery. Wire black box to battery with toggle switch on positive. Shut it off at end of fishing trip. Kills power to the black box. Otherwise it’s on all the time unless an update has fixed that. Plug network cable into box and into graph. Plug transducer into black box. Mount transducer. Done.

Comment

Don’t mount your transducer on your Trolling motor !
            Put it on a dif pole so you can control your view.
            Good luck keeping an eye on anything with your TM.
            Every time you move your TM you lose your view !

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
              I did mine on my skeeter and it wasn’t bad at all. Took a few hours. Where in east Texas are you? I live in Center. If you’re close to Tyler I’d say take it to nautical mile marine.

I am in Tyler. I called them, they want $600 to install it! I will be doing it myself!

Comment

I am in Tyler. I called them, they want $600 to install it! I will be doing it myself!

It’s really pretty straight forward.

Comment

I installed mine on a center console. Not hard at all

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                    Don’t mount your transducer on your Trolling motor !
                    Put it on a dif pole so you can control your view.
                    Good luck keeping an eye on anything with your TM.
                    Every time you move your TM you lose your view !

Boat control is extremely important if you mount it on the TM! I prefer it on the TM to keep both my hands free and give me the ability to chase fish better but there are for sure times having it on a pole is nice.

Good thing I don’t have to choose anymore!!

Comment

Installation was straight forward other than snaking the wires through. It is 100% apparent after using it today that a trolling motor with spotlock is a necessity ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                      X