New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow

Ok finally I'm able to post. S about 2 months ago I purchased a Mission Venture with the mathews stabilizer in the riser, axion stabilizer with all the Mathews goodies in it and a tru glo 5pin exxtreme and a rip chord drop away. This bow was a test to see if I like archery as much as I thought I would. Sho nuff do! So now I'm in the market for a serious bow eventhough I'm shooting some serious groups with the mission I want the piece of mind and sweetness of a top of the line bow. I went to triple edge the other day after going to another shop and being souly steered toward and only allowed to shoot the Heli-m which I found none to Impressive. So I decided I would go to Triple edge and shoot the Vector Line with emphisis on the turbo. First they had me shoot a Carbon element but to me it almost felt unstable cause it was so light. Next I shot the Vector turbo and fell in love even though my grouping wasn't all that tight(2 1/2-3" at 20yds) until... I shot the bowtech Insanity HOLY COW it felt great and shot even better. I decided to go home dwell on it and do more research since I hadn't included the the BT in my initial search. Now all I find is talk about limb issues. I'm concerned cause I think the MO treestand is cartooney and bright so I would go with the Blackops(which I think is lame there is nothing blackops or tactical about a bow). So I'm looking for some infinant wisdom, comfort or persuasion of the green screen. My tax return should be in soon and I'm ready to unload the mission and go trick out my decision!

Sounds like you found the bow you like the best and will fit you the best. Every bow company will have problems somewhere down the line, but I would not really worry about it as that should be covered by warranty. Bowtech has had some problems with limbs, but i think they have all been taken care of.

Comment

I have read the same thing but love my bowtechs I have the invasion and would not switch. If you have a good shop and treat your bow right if the limb does delaminate then they should be able to get it warranty for no charge and most of my friends shoot Bowtech and everyone we know has never had any problem with theirs. I can not say that it will not happen to your bow but I feel that if it happened to my bow my local shop would warranty it no problem. Good luck and hope this helps.

Comment

if the MO treestand camo is goofy to you, bowtech offers other patterns of camo for their bows. if i was you id keep that mission for a while cause they are good bows, nothing wrong with having a used bow for your first.

Comment

I did see the other patterns BT offers and I might have to order one. I have been looking at the "speed bows" cause I wanna squeeze every bit of energy out of a bow and I'm 27 1/2" draw and pull 60#. The venture is no doubt a good bow and I can throw consistent center vitals groups at 50 yds but it's like I'm lobbing the arrow out there to me.

Comment

Working...
          X