Slammed them in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Actually I dont know that. He got an invite from a fella who has a winter house in corpus. He might be fishing with that guy

Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alaska is awesome. Been twice now. Last year we did a DIY trip out of Greenrocks lodge in Petersburg and had an absolute blast they give you the boat and unlimited fuel, bait, tackle, crash course the first day on where to go/ what to do then you are off on your own to come and go as you please for a week. The 3 of us all brought home a 50lb box of king salmon and halibut

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
        Alaska is awesome. Been twice now. Last year we did a DIY trip out of Greenrocks lodge in Petersburg and had an absolute blast they give you the boat and unlimited fuel, bait, tackle, crash course the first day on where to go/ what to do then you are off on your own to come and go as you please for a week. The 3 of us all brought home a 50lb box of king salmon and halibut

With the seas we had I definitely wouldn’t feel safe operating a boat there

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          With the seas we had I definitely wouldn’t feel safe operating a boat there

Don’t blame ya. Where we were at was on the inside passage and pretty protected. Not much different than what I’m used to operating in in Matagorda bay

Comment

Some mighty fine eating right there!!!

Comment

What an adventure!! Congratulations on a trip of a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                What an adventure!! Congratulations on a trip of a lifetime!

Absolutely I’ll never forget it! Maybe in a few years I’ll find my way back here.

Comment

Congrats, looks like you all had a blast.

Comment

Anyone have a salmon recipe lol

Comment

Cedar Plank Salmon

Soak a cedar plank in water for an hour. Put a filet on the plank, skin side down. Slather it with mustard and then pack brown sugar on top to cover the mustard. Put it on the grill (indirect heat) for about 20-30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        Cedar Plank Salmon

Soak a cedar plank in water for an hour. Put a filet on the plank, skin side down. Slather it with mustard and then pack brown sugar on top to cover the mustard. Put it on the grill (indirect heat) for about 20-30 mins.

That’s interesting I’ll have to try it. Thanks.

Comment

Wish I could get Mrs Lobo to go for that. She wants to go to Alaska and She loves to fish but gets weak kneed, sweaty and breaks out in hysterics if we even get close to the end of the jetties!

Great haul!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                            Wish I could get Mrs Lobo to go for that. She wants to go to Alaska and She loves to fish but gets weak kneed, sweaty and breaks out in hysterics if we even get close to the end of the jetties!

Great haul!
                            Go with a group and the ladies can go do stuff in town we had 4-5 ladies that didn’t fish but had a great time

Comment

fishing in alaska will spoil you. looks like you had a great trip!

Comment

trip of a lifetime. One day soon I will try

Comment

Working...
                                X