Seminole Canyon State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seminole Canyon State Park

Anyone know anything about this state park? I have been drawn for a muzzle loader hunt there. Thanks for any help.

You are a lucky Person! Been there a couple of times.

Comment

Can you give me any info on the hunting terrain, deer quality equipment needs. It will be a 600 mile trip and I want to be as prepared as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
        Can you give me any info on the hunting terrain, deer quality equipment needs. It will be a 600 mile trip and I want to be as prepared as possible.
        What dates will you be hunting?? Terrain is pretty flat and rocky other than a few draws that get pretty deep towards the southern boundary which is the actual Rio Grande.... Not much cover and all brush will stick you with thorns so it will be challenging even with a muzzle loader... Not sure if you plan to camp there but I believe they have bathrooms... There is a small motel in Comstock 10 miles away if you want to go that route...
        Last edited by Pedernal; 10-01-2013, 05:28 AM.

Comment

December 4-7. We are planning on staying in Comstock. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
            December 4-7. We are planning on staying in Comstock. Thanks for the info.
            No problem... Should be close to the rut... I would advise hunting the southwest side of the park if allowed... Most of the park visitor generally stay close to the east side of the park which is actual Seminole Canyon. Good luck out there...

Comment

Working...
            X