Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flashof1979 View Post
    I am at Nails
    Good luck. I'll be at yugua tomorrow. Seen anything?

Comment

Ya about an hour ago I had 3 doe pass behind me
      In the trees about 20yards deep.
      No shot, too thick.

Comment

Yeah. It's so hard to get a shot. It wasn't easy finding an area deer traveled regularly that wasn't to thick to get a shot. Did u see a lot of vehicles parked this morning

Comment

Just a couple cars not too bad.

Comment

Good. I'm sure it will be a little busier tonight. A lot of people r nervous walking out in the morning in that thick crap

Comment

You are right! The mornings areis dead this year compared to years past. It is very thick and tough to hunt for the average.

Comment

My friend just stuck a doe
                We will see how it goes in that thick mess, LOL

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

I got a doe on Tuesday and had a 300 yard drag through the ragweed in the dark it definitely wasn't fun lol

Comment

man, I know that feeling. Two years ago, when the ragweed was nearly as tall as it is now, I shot a big doe on opening morning and had literally a 1/2-mile drag to the truck. I had to stop and rest 4 or 5 times in that trip. It sucked. Game cart wouldn't have helped much either.

Oh well. Guess that's why there are still some quality places to hunt there though! ha, ha.

I'm planning on going up there Monday morning if anyone wants to meet up with me about 11:00 Monday. I still have at least two good spots to "give away" to someone. I already put one person on a spot via email, but have two more that are worth hunting (both places I've shot deer in the past) that I just can't really use anymore. Neither are very hard to get to. Little or no ragweed!

John

Comment

Well we got it done. I had to go home and get my lacy pup, but it was well worth it. I must say that is some thick thick thick weed and briar nightmare! Then it was a 7/8 mile journey back to the truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349556670.862029.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	24125199

Comment

That pumps me up. Great looking deer and great shot. And a great looking Mathews bow

Comment

Shot at nails or yagua?

Comment

Nails

Comment

Good lol

Comment

Working...
                                X