X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the Pioneer is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Looking to buy a mini split AC system for a 1,000 sq/ft cabin.
      Am following your build thread, just wanted to ask if you bought your AC yet?

I am in the Hill Country too, looking for a mini split for a lofted 16x40 cabin. Looking at Daiken and Mitsubishi, just curious what direction you went. Find any good places online to purchase from?

Comment

Daiken.......

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Daiken.......

Yep

Comment

Free shipping and wholesale prices on our huge selection of air conditioning, heating and ventilation. We offer support before, during and after the sale, 60-day returns and price match plus guarantee.

This is what I am looking at, any other advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Samsung. And they're local. (Roanoke, TX)

Comment

We just got done building and i used daikin units. I completely love them.

Comment

I just changed the inside section an a Mitsubishi last week. It was replaced due to rats chewed all the wires. I sealed the wall penetation to combat rodents, if you install one I would do the same.
                  I have replaced a couple with friedrich mini splits as one of my distributers carry them. For 1k sq. ft. I wouldn't go any less than 24k. More efficient, quieter, and get the heat pump model. Still not going to get cooling into the other rooms well. Consider a multi head unit.

I have seen the clogged blower wheels on a couple of different models. I feel the root cause is the filtering system they use. Just a screen, so lots of dust goes through, only to be caught in the wet cooling coil, making it to the wheel right next to the coil.

Comment

Mitsubishi or Daikin, both build good units. If you go with another brand, like LG or Pioneer you will have a much more difficult time finding parts when you need one. Mitsubishi and Daikin have the largest distributor networks for mini-splits.

Given the right conditions all mini-splits will get growth on the blower wheel; one brand isn't worse than another when it comes to this, it is due to the environment. A simple RGF mini-split PHI air purification will keep this from happening.

The difference between a 15 and a 22 SEER is about the equivalent of changing two incandescent lamps out to CFL or LED lamps.

Definitely go with the inverter compressors in the 16-18 SEER range.

Size it based on the heat loss of the structure (heating size) and not the heat load (cooling size). This way you will have plenty of heat in the winter during heat pump operation (there is no electric heat back up option like on conventional heat pumps).

The heating side is as efficient as anything out there except water source heat pumps. Both of the standard models of Mitsubishi and Daikin have a heating balance point of 5-8°.

Comment

Pioneer

I had a pioneer until I got flooded during hurricane Harvey. It worked great and was much cheaper

Comment

We have three daiken in our place in Okie land. two small ones for bedrooms, 1 large one for the main living area. Work great and doesn't add much to the electric bill.

Comment

I bought the Pioneer 24k off Amazon for my restaurant and I like it. Can't hear it run and it does a good job. I'd buy it again if I needed one.

Comment

Yes they are quiet, inside and out.

Comment

I installed a Mr. cool 24k in my 900 sq ft garage. The garage is spray foamed but i can get it down to 68 in this weather. Inside and outside unit are dead quiet, think it cost just under a grand at home depot delivered to store. Love the thing so far and it takes no time to get the garage cooled down

Comment

Mitsubishi

Comment

Working...
                                X