• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFA View Post
    If it tastes as good as it looks then you dont have anything to worry about
    X-2

Comment

Man, that looks delicious! I've never smoked a brisket. I'm going to give one a shot here soon. Love that bark.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfinturkey View Post
        this one is just for you [ATTACH]902119[/ATTACH]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lmmfao

Comment

Looks real good!

Comment

Yum....it looks great. I had some leftover brisket for supper this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              This one is just for you [ATTACH]902119[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Priceless

Comment

It looks great.

So, just curios... How long did you let it rest in the Yeti and what was the temperature when you pulled in out and sliced it?

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDad View Post
                  It looks great.

So, just curios... How long did you let it rest in the Yeti and what was the temperature when you pulled in out and sliced it?

Left it wrapped in foil in a yeti 20qt for 1 hour then I tented it with foil on the counter for until it was cool enough to easily handle. My wife had to work tonight so there was no need to serve warm. Letting it cool really made slicing easy.

Comment

Gotcha. I keep hearing 203 as the temp when the meat breaks down. Thinking the 195-199 likely got it there when in the yeti and wrapped. If it tastes just half as good as it looked, you are your wife's hero!

Comment

Gotcha. I keep hearing 203 as the temp when the meat breaks down. Thinking the 195-199 likely got it there when in the yeti and wrapped. If it tastes just half as good as it looked, you are your wife's hero!
                      It’s pretty good but I’m my worst critic. The point was slightly over cooked while the flat was cooked a hair fast and could be broken down a little more but all in all I’d say it’s a solid 8 of 10. By far my best. The color and texture is on point. I should have wrapped it on the pit for about 30-60min and let rest in yeti for about 1-2 hours.

Comment

Very nice, I just kicked up the fire/smoke on one that has been smoking since about 6 pm.
                        Not near dark enough yet. It is getting wrapped and put in the oven on Super low till marnin!!
                        Hope it is Great for ya'll.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bukkskin; 03-25-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          It’s pretty good but I’m my worst critic. The point was slightly over cooked while the flat was cooked a hair fast and could be broken down a little more but all in all I’d say it’s a solid 8 of 10. By far my best. The color and texture is on point. I should have wrapped it on the pit for about 30-60min and let rest in yeti for about 1-2 hours.
                          Always be your own critic! If you ever think you have it mastered, then you get lazy! I have never cooked a brisket to my own satisfaction, but keep trying. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Always be your own critic! If you ever think you have it mastered, then you get lazy! I have never cooked a brisket to my own satisfaction, but keep trying. Thanks for the tips!
                            I agree. I can always find something wrong with my food rather it’s ribs,chicken or brisket. I find putting them in the yeti really helps get them nice and tender. Just be carful they will get over done while “resting” in the yeti.

Comment

Next time get the internal temp to 200-205 then let the heat out of the foii for 5-10 min. Then take it out of the foil wrap in a towel put it into a cooler for 1hr then enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                                Next time get the internal temp to 200-205 then let the heat out of the foii for 5-10 min. Then take it out of the foil wrap in a towel put it into a cooler for 1hr then enjoy.

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X