New tuning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tuning issue

So here is what is going on. I paper tuned my bow. That worked out. Go to broad head tune. Start making small adjustments on the rest to the field point. The issue I’m running into is that it seems that every time I move the rest the field points just move over too. What’s the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does a bare shaft do? What bow? What arrow? DL?

Comment

Fletching contact, properly spined arrows? Might need to shim- lots of variables

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
        What does a bare shaft do? What bow? What arrow? DL?

I haven’t done a bare shaft tune. Shooting a Matthews vxr 28. Shooting the 400 Easton carbon axis 6mm. DL is 27.5.

Comment

This video help me with my vertix.

Comment

Well decided to do a little more research. My local bow shop dropped the ball and some is my fault for not being more diligent in my research.

First problem was the bow was not set to 60 pounds like I had asked. It was set at 65. Not a huge deal but makes a difference.

Second issue was the shop sold me under spined arrows because they were going off my poundage and arrow length for 60 pounds.

I kept have extreme inconsistencies with my shots. I’m not Levi Morgan but I’ve been shooting long enough to know my limitations and paint can size groups at 20 yards with a tuned or out of tune bow isn’t normal for me.

Luckily I thought about it more and decided to check into my poundage and that lead me to my arrow spine issue. Rick at Double G confirmed with me over the phone that was the issue. Great guy for taking 10 minutes to help me out. He will be getting my business from now on.

Comment

dont forget if broadhead is to the right of a field point you move the rest to the right. if you move to the left everything just moves left.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                dont forget if broadhead is to the right of a field point you move the rest to the right. if you move to the left everything just moves left.

Have you ever noticed that most of the YouTube videos on broadhead tuning say if you’re hitting left of the field point then move rest right.

Comment

take an exacto blade and cut the fletching off. Shoot your field points. make adjustments to rest, knock height & cam timing until you are drilling the bullseye. You will be amazed but your BH will hit in the same spot if the arrow is coming out straight.

just remember that form will play a role in bare shaft flight. Fletching makes up for a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                    Have you ever noticed that most of the YouTube videos on broadhead tuning say if you’re hitting left of the field point then move rest right.

A lot of videos say that and they are all wrong. If your broadhead is missing right, it’s because you have a slight nock left tear and your broadhead is planing your arrow to the right. How do you fix a nock left tear? Move the rest right. But it does not take much movement for corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      A lot of videos say that and they are all wrong. If your broadhead is missing right, it’s because you have a slight nock left tear and your broadhead is planing your arrow to the right. How do you fix a nock left tear? Move the rest right. But it does not take much movement for corrections.
                      It’s crazy about how much mis information is out there. Over the years even Imhave states things I no longer believe or found that it was wrong.

If people would follow an order in the process, most problems would go away. Problem is there are several orders Hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                      X