No announcement yet.

Weber Kettle thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should check out Smokenator I have been using one for years.

This is some guy using it
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDMlaCTYkC4"]How to Make Smoked Cuban Pulled Pork on the Smokenator - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

If anyone hasn't heard of Malcom Reed he is awesome at teaching BBQ. Here is his latest video using a weber grill.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can yall post some pics of yalls vent settings and coralat them with temps? Also how long will that pic of the snake last on the op post last?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
          Can yall post some pics of yalls vent settings and coralat them with temps? Also how long will that pic of the snake last on the op post last?
          Hard to really tell on vent settings because every cook is different. I run mine wide open most of the time. A snake with 2 charcoals wide on bottom and 1 charcoal on top will run my weber 260ish with vent wide open. 2 wide on bottom and 2 wide on top will run 300ish.

A half circle snake around your pit will run approximately 6 hours, 3/4 circle approximately 9 hours.

As far as vent settings, always run the bottom wide open and adjust the top. Start with the top wide open and adjust down ad needed. Usually you can leave it wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
            Here is one I set up 2 coals on top 2 on bottom to do a brisket. Notice a little over 3/4 circle for the longer cook on a brisket. I'd do between a 1/4 and 1/2 circle for ribs.

Comment

I leave the lid vent open always. The bottom for low and slow I crack open about 1/4. Can usually maintain 225 up to 275 with the snake without much effort for 8 hours or so.

Comment

weber

We have a small one at deer camp, I really enjoy cooking on it.
                After seeing this post I am going to buy me a bigger one for the house.
                Great looking food in the photos.

Comment

Thank y'all for posting, I've been having he!! trying to keep temp right when just grilling. I'm a rookie for sure though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A0E994AD-0FF4-453E-A331-C63DE838EABF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	24632116

Click image for larger version

Name:	7152080E-DD04-46F4-ACB4-EBCF5EC16333.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	24632117
                    Small cheap cook today. Piece of brisket and peppers, working on lunch for the week

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                      Thank y'all for posting, I've been having he!! trying to keep temp right when just grilling. I'm a rookie for sure though
                      To hot ? Not hot enough ?

Comment

Yes! Just grilling, how much charcoal and how do you vent top and bottom? Chicken breast was my attempt

Comment

Both wide open, 2 or 3 zone fire. I like to
                          Have a hot side of the grill and a cool side

Comment

I woke up craving pork chops with beans, cornbread and chow chow today.
                            Brined pork chops with a Raspberry Chipotle glaze. Hit the taste i was looking for.

Comment

I've been debating a Weber Kettle or a PK Grill - anyone have experience with both? Pros/Cons or suggestions? I know the PK will last forever but more expensive.

Comment

Beer brats, regular brats and bacon wrapped peppers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X