Cracked Kawasaki mule gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    Youtube using a soldering iron to reheat the tank and melt the crack together.
    I've done this on a riding lawn mower tank. Worked like a champ.

Comment

Harbor freight plastic welder about $20 used to fix dashes and door panels.

Comment

Originally posted by av.carrera View Post

Do these actual work ? My plastics on my mule are cracked up.

Comment

Yea they work good I use it all the time to fix boken plastic that is not available for older vehicals. lots of videos on you tube.

Comment

Originally posted by av.carrera View Post
            This, have repaired many plastic gas tanks and plastic radiators. Good permanent fix. Good to have around.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Do these actual work ? My plastics on my mule are cracked up.
              Works great on atv fenders.

Comment

I used JB weird on my Prairie 650 tank 8 years ago and it’s still holding. Oversized tires wore a hole in the side of the tank.

Comment

So I’ll try the Harbor Freights one or JB weld one. It’s worth the try before I purchase a new one. I just won’t screw the tank on. Also the crack is right where one of those screw brackets is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy some Seal All glue. Rough up the area around the crack with big grit sand paper and run a bead of glue over it. Next day run another bead over the first but spread it wider than the first. I've fixed lawn mowe and utv tanks with it and they have lasted for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      Buy some Seal All glue. Rough up the area around the crack with big grit sand paper and run a bead of glue over it. Next day run another bead over the first but spread it wider than the first. I've fixed lawn mowe and utv tanks with it and they have lasted for years.
                      Thanks---I am more than willing to try that

Comment

Originally posted by SoTxHunter View Post
                        Will the gas eventually eat through it? Or that should do it? Man, taking that little gas tank out from under the seat was a pain.
                        I've used it on the gas plastic gas tank in my bass boat a few years ago, because i poked holes in it when putting in new seats. It's been air tight ever since. Can't say how long it will last though.

Comment

Ive used JB weld on a chainsaw tank before and it worked good. The gas tank was in the front and the chain came of and nicked a hole in it. i sanded it out with a buff pad and JB welded it. Its the only thing that held up.

Comment

Working...
                          X