Lower draw weight, low and right POI shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower draw weight, low and right POI shift

I'm doing some experimenting, so I turned the draw weight down on my Drenalin from 60 about 54 lbs. I got a group shift about 5 inches low and right at 40 yards. The group stayed tight, however, even with broadheads.

CS is set at 11/16 on a TrophyTaker. I expected the group to shift low, but the right shift is puzzling. I wonder if I'm underspined @60 lbs /65%LO with a 28 inch draw, 27.25 inch 400 FMJs with a 100gr head.

Try to shoot through paper... Check the tear chart and a good chance it will say too stiff spline or increase poundage... I was shooting a dxt at 55 pounds cut at 28" and was shooting 500 fmj. 400 were shooting off three inches at 30 yards changed arrow spline and was shooting perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      I'm doing some experimenting, so I turned the draw weight down on my Drenalin from 60 about 54 lbs. I got a group shift about 5 inches low and right at 40 yards. The group stayed tight, however, even with broadheads.

CS is set at 11/16 on a TrophyTaker. I expected the group to shift low, but the right shift is puzzling. I wonder if I'm underspined @60 lbs /65%LO with a 28 inch draw, 27.25 inch 400 FMJs with a 100gr head.
      That arrow is good at 60 lbs.

Comment

Everthing looks right, but the easy way to check is shoot a lighter tip. 75-85-90 gr tip will stiffen the arrow a bit and not cost much. Rocky might sell them each! I shoot the same setup and shoot a very stiff shaft and get perfect flight.

Comment

More than likely you are torquing the grip more/less with the reduced poundage.. it should show up if you shoot thru paper or do a walkback tune..

Comment

Working...
          X