No announcement yet.

Talk me out of Ryobi power tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your going to use them on small projects once a year they might hold up other then that they are piece of crap.

Comment

I have Ryobi and Dewalt, no problems. Do everything I need.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
        If your going to use them on small projects once a year they might hold up other then that they are piece of crap.
        44 previous comments suggest otherwise

Sounds like you got a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          My Hi Point 9mm carbine Rifle was one of my fav’s until it got stolen
          Yep. Serviceable and gets the job done. Not fancy, not the best, but work.
          One thing I can say about the Ryobi stuff I keep at my camp. I can leave it laying around and no one bothers it. I would never do that with my Dewalt or Milwaukee stuff.

Comment

If you have to make a living with them I would probably opt for the Milwaukee or the DeWalt but for personal use mine have served me very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Yep. Serviceable and gets the job done. Not fancy, not the best, but work.
              One thing I can say about the Ryobi stuff I keep at my camp. I can leave it laying around and no one bothers it. I would never do that with my Dewalt or Milwaukee stuff.
              That's funny but true!

Comment

I am a firm believer in good quality tools. That being said its hard to say anything bad about their value. I like a Dewalt and have several but can't afford new batteries to run them. I have 4 Ryobi chargers and about 10 batteries.

Comment

I like Dewalt, had great luck with them

Comment

Love my Ryobi power tools, I haven't had any issues.

Comment

I have an old (well over 10 years old) blue Ryobi cordless drill that took giant NiCad batteries. Then, I bought lithium for it when those came out. It still runs perfectly but the rubber on the pistol grip is peeling off. Just started upgrading to Dewalt 20v Max Brushless stuff but keeping the Ryobi around just in case.

Comment

I've had really good luck with their stuff. I don't make my living with that stuff, and I'd agree... for that use I'd lean toward Milwaukee or Rigid. But for around the house, lease work, etc.... I think they are a great value, and they have a great diversity of tools using the same packs which is really nice. That's probably the biggest advantage of their system. I have a circular saw, drill, tire inflator, flashlight, paint gun, tile saw, etc.... all use the same battery packs.

Comment

Easy!

Hilti

Expensive but very reliable and battery life is incredible!

Comment

Pretty much all platforms use commonality of batteries across the entire line so that’s no advantage.

My experience with Ryobi tools was when I was roughing in some electrical at my daughter’s house. Trying to run a 1” paddle bit through 2x4 studs the Ryobi struggled even in low gear and overheated on multiple occasions.

My DeWalt 18V and my BIL old school 14.4V Milwaukee drills ran circles around the Ryobi. Pretty much turned me off to them at that point.

I recently picked up an 18V lithium Rigid set and a 20V lithium Dewalt set and they are bad ***. The Dewalt is still noticeably stouter than the Rigid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a Ryobi small drill, normal size drill, impact driver, sawsall, jig saw, hand held air compressor, skill saw, miter saw, sander, weed eater, chain saw and I'm sure a few I'm forgetting.
                              I'm hard on tools and they have held up great!

Comment

So which one between Dewalt and Milwaukee?

About to snag a new impact driver

Comment

Working...
                                X