Bay Flats Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
    We all make mistakes and most of them are not intentional. I'm sure it was a miscommunication between land owner and hunter.
    Lol you're joking right?

You must not know duck hunters (I can say that because I am one) they are the worst of all hunting breeds when it comes to cheating and stretching the rules and general bafoonery. Guides know exactly what and where they can go, if this is in fact a trespassing situation he 100% knew it. It's a tough year for ducks, there's darn near no birds still in POC so all the guides are are scrambling to keep clients happy and we start seeing more of this type of thing, more shooting after sunset (by far) and more location arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Yeah, they are really bad on that stretch of the river. And it always seems like they stop hunting around 8:15am to go blast through everyones decoys.
      Rallying birds, run the boats back and forth to kick them up for the clients. Commonplace practice in POC and also illegal but hard to prove. We sit on the ponds and listen to them go back and forth in the bay and back lakes all morning long.

Comment

[QUOTE=justletmein;13913777]Rallying birds, run the boats back and forth to kick them up for the clients. Commonplace practice in POC and also illegal but hard to prove. We sit on the ponds and listen to them go back and forth in the bay and back lakes all morning long.[/QUOTE

That makes sense. I actually had not thought about that being what they are doing. I haven't been hunting the river for long.

Comment

I have been there a few times as well, enjoyed every minute of it. That being said, it is the guides responsibilty to know regulations and legal areas to hunt. Chris has been down there a long time, no way he doesn't know the boundries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            pls no one from tbh on a jury if i ever need one jeez

Only thing I know of that you could be popped for is food theft. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
              I’ve spent the night in that jail!
              And I bailed you out. You ready to go back to POC with me yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Yeah, they are really bad on that stretch of the river. And it always seems like they stop hunting around 8:15am to go blast through everyones decoys.

It ticks me off because I fish the back lakes often. I can’t tell you how many times they blow in and do everything but donuts around me until I pull up lines and leave. Some of this I have video of because I started filming for YouTube videos. It gets crazy quickly at times

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                  It ticks me off because I fish the back lakes often. I can’t tell you how many times they blow in and do everything but donuts around me until I pull up lines and leave. Some of this I have video of because I started filming for YouTube videos. It gets crazy quickly at times

Michael

Don't you know that's their property? You must be late on your rent payment.

You're not by chance the Michael with the aluminum boat worked on by Glenn are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Only thing I know of that you could be popped for is food theft. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well that case would benefit me, no dont look like bruiser to me!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Don't you know that's their property? You must be late on your rent payment.

You're not by chance the Michael with the aluminum boat worked on by Glenn are ya?

No sir I’m not, I have a Majek. The areas I fish are public waters but, I hear what you are saying. They do act as if they own any and every location they are!

Michael

Comment

Never could stand the guy and yes that's him and he finally got caught. Don't think for a moment that he didn't know where he was.

Comment

No sir I’m not, I have a Majek. The areas I fish are public waters but, I hear what you are saying. They do act as if they own any and every location they are!

Michael

Ah ok thought I'd take a shot. Used to talk to that guy all the time on the island and he fished the back lakes a lot. Lost touch with him a few years ago and haven't seen him out there.

Yeah that's been my impression of them as well, if you're in "their spot" all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Michael

Yup. Poling a back lake, here comes airboat guy from big name outfit about 30 feet away. Stops in a small gut, has clients throw cut bait in for about a minute then get up and move to the next one blowing right by again.

Best is the guy who said "Don't worry, these things don't bother fish".

Only thing worse is the people who anchor in entry cuts then get mad when you have to come buy.

Comment

I fish the area often (4-5x a month) and I will say, the airboat guys care nothing about or have any respect for other anglers or hunters.

Yep. Ive almost been run over twice in POC wading. I dont know if all airboat operators are a holes but they are in POC.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                Yup. Poling a back lake, here comes airboat guy from big name outfit about 30 feet away. Stops in a small gut, has clients throw cut bait in for about a minute then get up and move to the next one blowing right by again.

Best is the guy who said "Don't worry, these things don't bother fish".

Only thing worse is the people who anchor in entry cuts then get mad when you have to come buy.

True dat!

Comment

Working...
                                X