Scope on a revolver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
    Red dot, reflex, scout, pistol scope or sight or whatever scope.
    Am I the only one that thinks a scope on a revolver is dumb?
    Do you think it ruins the looks of a revolver?
    If you can't shoot a revolver without "help" maybe you shouldn't be shooting a revolver?
    Come on help me out or set me straight!
    God bless!
    Semper Fi.
    A guy wanted to trade me a S&W 629 for a NHM-91 I have posted on TGT. Man, I was all excited! He sends pictures. The thing had a 8" barrel with a red dot sight/scope whatever.
    It looked like a UFO landing on an aircraft carrier to me.
    This is what started this thread

would love to have that gun, I would take the red dot off. I have been wanting one of those for years. I usually find the 4" or 6" barreled guns, I don't ever find the 8" barreled guns.

As far as the scope on a pistol, they work, years ago I had a 3X scope on a Super Blackhawk. I could make one big jagged hole in a target at 50 yards. It was pretty dang accurate at 100 yards. As good as the accuracy was, it was big and bulky, so I eventually pulled the scope off and just carried the gun in a hip holster. I quit trying to use it for 100 yard shots. I was pretty good at 50 yards, even with open sights. I just decided to stick to closer range shots. I don't think I would ever put a scope on another revolver, but would put one on a T/C Contender or a Remington XP100 without thinking twice.

I later got into shooting T/C Contenders, I have had three in 30-30. Killed many deer with them at 150 yards and up to double that range. With a 4X Redfield scope. It would drop them, right where they stood.

Comment

Jason 210-343-9151

[quote=RifleBowPistol;13032979]would love to have that gun, I would take the red dot off. I have been wanting one of those for years. I usually find the 4" or 6" barreled guns, I don't ever find the 8" barreled guns.
      In case you want to share RBP?
      Last edited by texaspacker; 12-21-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

OK you scope guy tried to set me straight but I'm still not sold on it!
        By the time you dig out your scoped revolver out of your scope holster then try and locate what ever it is. Remember I am NOT Fast Draw McGraw or Dead Eye Joe. I could have taken my 3" model 657 out of my back pocket and probably shot or scared off what ever it was and fixed a PB&J sandwich.
        Plus I still think a scope on a revolver looks UuuuGLY.
        Last edited by texaspacker; 12-21-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

By the time you dig out your scoped revolver out of your scope holster then try and locate what ever it is. Remember I am NOT Fast Draw McGraw or Dead Eye Joe. I could have taken my 3" model 657 out of my back pocket and probably shot or scared off what ever it was and fixed a PB&J sandwich.
          True, but a 3" model 657 is designed to fulfil a different purpose than a scoped 7 1/2" Ruger Super Blackhawk. I generally know which one I should choose to carry..

Comment

You’re really missing the purpose of a scoped handgun.

Comment

OK
              I'm really trying to wrap my head around this scope on a revolver. Really I'm not kidding.
              Also please keep in mind I'm 61 years old and set in my ways.
              Here's an example of where I'm coming from:
              A 357 magnum rim fire you can shoot it from a revolver or a rifle. Correct? But neither one of them is going to "preform" over 100 yards away.
              All most all revolvers are rim fire and rim fire ammunition is not that accurate in the first place. Correct?
              Did that make sense?
              Modern day rim fire rifles without having looking them up.
              22 & 22 magnum tube fed, magazine fed and lever action.
              38special/357 magnum lever action.
              41 magnum lever action.
              Why I add this I don't know?
              Last edited by texaspacker; 12-21-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Aside from you being 61 nothing else made sense

Comment

I guess I'm just a moron!
                  I'll go to you tube and see what people do with scoped revolvers and try and enlighten myself.
                  Thank you everyone for trying to set me straight on my little problem.
                  Seems I was way off base.
                  To anyone I offended.
                  I do apologize and please forgive me!
                  God bless!
                  Semper Fi.

Comment

I have one on my Ruger Blackhawk .41mag and love it I still limit my shooting to under 100 yards

Comment

I like mine, 44 mag

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm just a moron! probably not,, you just dont see the need as others do

I'll go to you tube and see what people do with scoped revolvers and try and enlighten myself. itmight not enlighten you, but you may see were they can have a use

Thank you everyone for trying to set me straight on my little problem.
                        Seems I was way off base.
                        not really the world is a better place because we have more than one flavor of ice cream

To anyone I offended.
                        I do apologize and please forgive me!
                        if they were offended they need to get over it
                        God bless!
                        Semper Fi.
                        a different view is ok!

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          I like mine, 44 mag

Colt Anaconda Realtree edition. I remember when them came out I priced one and it was 900.00. I thought the store was nuts! Now they are 2500-3000 for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Colt Anaconda Realtree edition. I remember when them came out I priced one and it was 900.00. I thought the store was nuts! Now they are 2500-3000 for one.
                            Yep paid 900 for it

Comment

Definitely a different look but same difference from the look of a traditional vs wheel bow, or bolt vs AR platform long rifle.
                              I thought about the look too but glad I pursued it

Comment

[quote=texaspacker;13034205]
                                Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                would love to have that gun, I would take the red dot off. I have been wanting one of those for years. I usually find the 4" or 6" barreled guns, I don't ever find the 8" barreled guns.
                                In case you want to share RBP?
                                In case I want to share what? I don't like to share guns or women. What are we talking about sharing?

Comment

Working...
                                X