BBQ Sauce and Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Sauce and Ribs

I like dry rub but my wife likes BBQ sauce on ribs.

When do y'all add the sauce to smoked ribs?

I've tried all different ways just wondering what you pros do...

I'm not a pro, but if I sauce it's in the last hour of smoking.

I normally just have sauce as a side, so folks can sauce their own.

Comment

Last 30-60 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

x2

Comment

Last 30 minutes or so for me. Just enough time for it to thin down and soak in a little bit. Dont want it to burn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

No pro here either, but if I sauce, it's when I open them up at the end to tighten the ribs back up after wrapping. I like the sauce to caramelize with the smoke/heat. Wife likes sauce....I like both.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              No pro here either, but if I sauce, it's when I open them up at the end to tighten the ribs back up after wrapping. I like the sauce to caramelize with the smoke/heat. Wife likes sauce....I like both.
              Tighten the ribs up?

Comment

Last 30-60 minutes here

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Tighten the ribs up?
                  The meat pulls off the bone

3 hours smoke time at 250
                  2 hours sauced and wrapped
                  1 hour open to caramelize the sauce

guaranteed to fall off the bone

Comment

BBQ Sauce and Ribs

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Tighten the ribs up?

Tightening it up is referring to opening up the foil and letting the heat tighten/dry the rub/bark up a little after basically roasting in foil for 2 hours. Gives them an easier cut and little better bite. I do the same with brisket ..

Not a fan of the rib meat falling off the bone as it's technically overcooked. Well let me rephrase that.. it's **** good if you like super soft meat you eat with a fork or your fingers instead of on the rib. I'll dang sure eat it. But vook it too too long and it can become mushy and I don't like that at all .

Anybody can overcook a rib. Just leave it in the foil forever. The trick is getting it to be tender, juicy and stay on the bone so you can eat it like a rib should be eaten. That being said, I have never ever passed on a rib where the meat falls off the bone[emoji23][emoji23]... ever[emoji41]
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-01-2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

What ever smart says I'm gonna do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

X2

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          What ever smart says I'm gonna do!!!

LOL....I'm no expert....I just like to eat..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Tightening it up is referring to opening up the foil and letting the heat tighten/dry the rub/bark up a little after basically roasting in foil for 2 hours. Gives them an easier cut and little better bite. I do the same with brisket ..

Not a fan of the rib meat falling off the bone as it's technically overcooked. Well let me rephrase that.. it's **** good if you like super soft meat you eat with a fork or your fingers instead of on the rib. I'll dang sure eat it. But vook it too too long and it can become mushy and I don't like that at all .

Anybody can overcook a rib. Just leave it in the foil forever. The trick is getting it to be tender, juicy and stay on the bone so you can eat it like a rib should be eaten. That being said, I have never ever passed on a rib where the meat falls off the bone[emoji23][emoji23]... ever[emoji41]

I've been working on this really hard and have been getting better with every attempt. I think I've learned that I need to buy a good thermometer and not trust the one on the outside of my pit. Pretty sure it reads low.

Comment

after I take my ribs out of foil I also put them back on the pit for about 45 min's to tighten them back up; but I also apply a Pineapple Habanero jelly gives them a little kick and man is it good

Comment

Working...
                              X