Climber vs. Tripod vs. blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climber vs. Tripod vs. blind?

This has probably been tackled before. For public land...which would you choose and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by JHarrell89 View Post
    This has probably been tackled before. For public land...which would you choose and why?

I prefer a climber, can cover a lot more ground from +20ft up a tree. I only like to hunt out of a ground blind if I am staring down one lane towards a feeder which you obviously aren't doing on public. Tripod is just to bulky to pack in and out.

Comment

Lone wolf hang on with sticks...Climber has to be a straight limb free tree.

Comment

My experience on public land is that regardless of how well I attempt to plan or how deep in the woods I hike, I will ultimately cross paths with another hunter. I hunt from the ground so I can move easily when I need to. I have hunted from a climber but that ended up being one of the most comically awful hunts I've ever had. IMO unless you're willing to park it somewhere and let things fall as they may, a fixed hunting spot on Texas public land, especially SHNF and DCNF, may not be worth the effort to set it up.

Comment

Around the Nac area...climber

Comment

Hey Joel. I'd go with a climber. Ive sat in one 100's of hours. Especially if you hunt where I showed you to hunt. Get high as you comfortably can go and practice shooting elevated. Things change when shooting high up.

Comment

I value your opinion Mike, that's my first choice. Just weighing the options

Comment

It's just so much easier to deal with.

Comment

Climber works best for me. I tried a ground blind a couple times but unless you find a nice hill you're only gonna be watching about 10 yards all around you around here due to the grass/bushes.

Comment

Climber would be first choice. Second would be an easy to carry Popup.

Comment

Working...
                    X