Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit boss review

Any reviews on pit boss pellet smoker

I have two. Love them both, the temp can be a little quirky but once they get to their desired temp it usually stays put. Have the big one at the house and the smaller one at the lakehouse. House one gets used 2 times a week or so, lake about once a month.

Disclaimer: ours are less than a year old so no opinion yet on longevity.

Comment

Love mine ...... Had it for about a year and a half now. NO complaints at all.

Comment

2 years on mine. Love it.

Comment

Let's get this one TTT. I'm looking at some in the $600-700 range like Traeger and the Louisana at Costco but I see the Pit Boss at Lowes and Wally for about half and am really interested. I have no interest in trying to replace my propane weber for steaks so this pellet gadget would be for smoking only.

Comment

I just got the Pro Series 1100 yesterday and put it together but haven’t cooked anything yet. It does seem very well built though

Comment

I’ve had mine for about a year or so, love it. Got rid of my big kitchen aide gas grill not long after having it. Usually cook on it at least once a week if not more.

Comment

Only used mine once so far, but I like it a lot. So simple and cooks great

Comment

So locally I'm finding the pro series at lowes and classic (I think) at Wally. Pro has ceramic coated cast iron cooking grates vs coated wire on the Wally version. It's a hundo more and about 100sq/in more space. Kind of torn on this one.
                  While trying to decide all this I'm also staring at a big ol pecan limb on my back porch that would be good for a couple of briskets on a small stick burner. Hmm

Comment

I have the pro series and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillywilly24 View Post
                      I have the pro series and love it.
                      This is what I have dose a great job,

Comment

Take that pecan limb and smoke your brisket on your stick burner. I have a Pitt Boss and you will never get a finished product like a stick burner. Not saying the Pitt Boss is bad. I’ve smoked some good pork butts and turkey breast that were pretty good. I also purchased a smoke tube to get more smoke. It’s good for setting it and not worrying about tending a fire box.

Comment

I have the 1100 pro and love it. I've had it for a few weeks and cooked a butt, brisket and chicken. It's zero maintenance while cooking and does a good job.

I agree with the above that it doesn't give a smoke flavor like that of a stick burner but it's good and ultra consistent on the temp stability.

Mertz, tell me about this smoke tube please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my Pit Boss last wknd. I got the Austin XL. So far so good

Comment

Ive had my 1100 from Lowes about 6 months. I highly recommend Pit Boss.

Comment

Working...
                              X