Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned the origin of a tagged doe that frequents our place

Cick this link to the original thread.
    The tagged doe that wandered into our camp a couple years ago was, as I just found out, raised by our across-the-road neighbor. They found her badly mangled as a fawn and treated and raised her in their house.
    She recovered and they moved her outside. She hung around about a year, then would leave for a while and come back for a while.
    My brother was talking to another of our neighbors and he said that this doe is now raising a fawn in his yard. Country yard, not city yard. The doe would check the fawn, then come over to the porch where the people would be sitting and they would feed her cookies and scratch on her.

That's awesome! We had half a dozen of them on our place in Cherokee county about 10 years ago. Took a while to find out where they came from, but were able to learn that they were released there by TPW. We watched them all for years before they eventually died or lost their tags.

Comment

I had one here at the house that I am sure was bottle raised, wouldn't let you get closer than 10yds or so but she was not scared of people either

Pretty sure she died last year

Comment

She's still hanging around. The pic is probably not very good, though.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1510602312609.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	24518859
        He said he's trying to give her corn in this picture, but it looks more like he's trying to give her a drink of beer.

Comment

Pretty neat

Comment

That's cool. I've got a buck fawn that hangs out at my deer camp

Comment

Dang, thats cool!

Comment

Here he is trying to eat my grandsons fishing worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is cooler than the other side of the pillow. Had a yearling that would follow me to the stand, eat what corn she wanted and come lay under my tree till I came down.

Comment

That got me to thinking. OK, so I know that a tagged exotic is by law off limits. But that doesn't apply to a tagged whitetail, right?

Comment

No idea.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

very cool, and good on ya'll

Comment

I had a 130 inch 12 point about 6 years ago that I got to know during the summer filling feeders and working. He would let me walk around the feed pen with him in it. When bow season started I would go climb in my ground blind and he would come over and lay about 10 yards from it. No one believed me, as I am the only bow hunter. So gun season started and one of our other guys took his son over there to check it out. They climbed into the ground blind. 5 minutes later the deer showed up and laid 5 yards from them. His son was feeding him gummy bears. One of our idiots saw him about a mile away from that area chasing a doe during the rut and shot him.

Comment

Working...
                              X