Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    I get 13mpg in 6.2 can't imagine what this will be
    You must be driving downhill all the time. Normal for me over a tank of gas is 11.5. And I drive pretty easy. 9.5 when pulling a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Do y’all recon they’ll mate the 10 speed to the 6.2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I believe the 6.2 is getting phased out of the Super Duty trucks

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        What is not right is 7.3 Powerstroke was stopped because it was too good of a power source and didn’t have enough problems. Have heard this from several in the car business
        The 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel was replaced for several reasons; One, it couldn't meet the newer emissions coming down the pipe and two, it would not be able to keep up with the hp/torque #'s of the other two....while maintaining emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
          I will seriously consider one too. I just can’t get on the diesel bandwagon. I don’t pull enough heavy stuff to justify owning one.
          X2! Saved a ton of $ getting the 6.2 over diesel and it gets better MPG than I was expecting(13-15mpg) and the ongoing cost is way less. I don't pull heavy loads long distances often enough to justify a diesel either.

Comment

Sackett. Guys at dealership have told me not enough time in the shop. Was also told the heartbeat of every dealership is the service department as far as profits. I would think they could have made it meet EPA

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              The 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel was replaced for several reasons; One, it couldn't meet the newer emissions coming down the pipe and two, it would not be able to keep up with the hp/torque #'s of the other two....while maintaining emissions.
              Yep.
              Last edited by Rubi513; 07-05-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

The 7.3 gas is heavy AF. All cast iron pushrod engine. The 7.3 is going to be a flop unless Ford makes a person buy one by phasing out the 6.2, which is an awesome engine.

If they wanted to make the 7.3 good, make it all aluminum, strap some turbos to it, and drop it in a Mustang.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...gas-v8-engine/
                Last edited by WItoTX; 07-05-2019, 06:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

That's a great idea but it would have eaten into thier cash cow, the diesel market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am sure it will take some of the market share. But the engineering required to put a turbo on is going to raise the price of that motor enough to put it on par with the diesel.

The question I would have, how much does maintenance go down on it vs the diesel? No DPF/DEF to go bad, no accidental DEF in the fuel issues, lower pressure fuel pumps, all those things that break the diesel may go away. Anyways, it's always fun to speculate on something that will never exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
                      I would hold out for the 7.3, if for no other reason, the 10 speed transmission. I imagine mileage with a 10 speed will be much significantly higher than the current 6.2’s.
                      Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      Do y’all recon they’ll mate the 10 speed to the 6.2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I don't know but I'd consider a gasser over my 6.7L with the right combo like that. That transmission is slick. I love it in our expedition.

With that being said pulling a 5th wheel 10-12 times a year. I'll probably stick with diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        The 7.3 gas is heavy AF. All cast iron pushrod engine. The 7.3 is going to be a flop unless Ford makes a person buy one by phasing out the 6.2, which is an awesome engine.

If they wanted to make the 7.3 good, make it all aluminum, strap some turbos to it, and drop it in a Mustang.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...gas-v8-engine/
                        I disagree.
                        I was close to buying the 6.2 when I bought my 16 powerstroke. If it would of had a touch more power I would have.
                        Diesels have been killed with emissions and the additional cost. If they can keep the 7.3 close to the cost of the 6.2, it will sell.

Comment

I see the 7.3 being a fine heavy fleet vehicle for in and around town in F350 or larger , and with the long torque curve in the 6.7 PS better for longer intra city pulling / towing
                          I would be really upset if ford canned the 6.2 in a F250 a really great small business fleet and medium to heavy farm and ranch vehicle
                          The new diesels are engineered to utilize all that torque on long hi way speed towing
                          They really have to dummy down the new diesel torque electronically for city use

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                            I don't know but I'd consider a gasser over my 6.7L with the right combo like that. That transmission is slick. I love it in our expedition.

With that being said pulling a 5th wheel 10-12 times a year. I'll probably stick with diesel.
                            FYI, it's not the same 10-spd that's in the Expy (Or any of the platforms GM/Ford share the tranny in) although I'm sure Ford used that tranny for a model and built it up for heavy duty applications.

Comment

Bit more info released on the 7.3

Comment

Fast Lane Truck's take:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7m5GDNeac"]We Finally Know the Ford Super Duty 7.3L V8 Power Numbers & They Are Lower Than We Thought! - YouTube[/ame]

Jimbow

Comment

Working...
                                X