Regular TV Outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular TV Outdoors?

We’ve got a covered patio and planning to install a pool.. going to be spending more time out there and we’d like a TV. Can I just buy a regular TV for the patio? Those “outdoor TV’s” are pretty expensive.

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
    We’ve got a covered patio and planning to install a pool.. going to be spending more time out there and we’d like a TV. Can I just buy a regular TV for the patio? Those “outdoor TV’s” are pretty expensive.
    Our patio is covered. I just bought a regular TV and mounted it outside.
    We did buy a cover for it when not in use:

KJ

Comment

Yes you can. I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, I bought a regular tv to use under my covered patio 5-6 years ago and it is still working.

Comment

Yep. Regular TV and keep a cover over it when not in use.

Comment

Same as above...ours has been under a porch for 4 years with no problems.

If mounting it above an outdoor fireplace, be careful. Ours got so hot from the fireplace running that the screen went black. It worked fine the next day though.

Comment

Don't spend the money for the "outdoor" tv. I covered mine when not in use, it never got wet and it only lasted two years with minimal use.

Comment

I’m about to find out. We are mounting ours above the fireplace in a cedar cabinet. I have a large stone mantle so I’m hoping that and the cabinet will help with the heat.

I was going to buy an outdoor TV put I can but 4-5 regular ones for the price of the outdoor one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Regular TV no cover has worked for years.

Comment

TVs are cheap. I have ran one outside that has minimal coverage and it ran for 5 plus years at the old house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The best thing to do is build you a cabinet with doors to mount it in

Comment

Mine has been outside for 9 tears no prob.

Comment

Working...
                        X