No announcement yet.

Hospitals to deliver at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a spinal surgery @ Baylor Grapevine, everything went well. No experience with Alliance

Comment

To compare I try to go by worst case sceniaro. For baby, both are level 3 NICUs (just in case NICU is needed) and both have ONE other higher level (level 4) NICU in their system so I'd say they are about equal. As far as mom, there are definitely more Texas Health facilities in the DFW area if something happened and she needed a higher level of care.

I've never been to either hospital but I'd be doing Texas Health simply because I work for them and my deductibles and copays are lower.

Comment

My wife was supposed to deliver at grapevine but my son had other ideas so we had to go to HEB in Bedford and we didn't have the best experience. I have been to the ER at grapevine a few times and have had nothing but good experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
          To compare I try to go by worst case sceniaro. For baby, both are level 3 NICUs (just in case NICU is needed) and both have ONE other higher level (level 4) NICU in their system so I'd say they are about equal. As far as mom, there are definitely more Texas Health facilities in the DFW area if something happened and she needed a higher level of care.

I've never been to either hospital but I'd be doing Texas Health simply because I work for them and my deductibles and copays are lower.
          Awesome insight! Thank you! For what it's worth, my wife is a NICU nurse at Cook Children's, so if we need level 4, we would transport to them.

Comment

Our first was delivered at Baylor Grapevine. Went great, no complaints. Nurses were awesome.

Second was downtown at Harris, we could have went with Alliance but my wife decided she didn't want to go there even though it was a little closer for us. She works in the medical field and chose to go downtown. The only reason we didn't go back to Grapevine was insurance related.

Comment

I have no clue about NICUs and such, but the fire department I work for transports multiple patients to Baylor Grapevine daily. If I’m ever hurt, that’s where I want to go. Great hospital!

Comment

Baylor Grapevine! My daughter was born there and spent two weeks in the NICU there. Great care and facility

Comment

Both of my girls were delivered at Alliance. Awesome hospital and staff.
                  My wife goes to DR Webster. She is top notch. No BS and took care of all our needs. She made sure she was there to deliver even though she wasn’t on call.
                  They have a great kitchen and brick pizza oven.

Comment

I live right by Alliance Harris and we decided to use Grapevine. It was a good facility. Not a lot of great reports about Alliance from our friends that used it.

Comment

Grapevine.

I’m a bit biased as my wife used to be the L&D manger there but transferred to All Saints to be closer to where we live now.

My daughter is currently an L&D nurse at Grapevine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Visited both. Blown away by Alliance. I think the key difference is we believe that while Alliance is certainly awesome, Grapevine's nurses may be more experienced due to the fact it has been around longer. Although the drive is within a 1/4 mile difference in length, we've got the 2nd option of using Grapevine highway if we have to get there in a hurry. Last, our pediatrician is able to work out of Grapevine and can't go to Alliance. So we're not set in stone, but leaning towards Baylor Grapevine.

So, TTT, does anyone else have any input in this? Would love to hear everyone's opinions.

Comment

^^^

The doctors and nurses know what they're doing. Don't over think it

Just go with the one that makes you feel comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            Visited both. Blown away by Alliance. I think the key difference is we believe that while Alliance is certainly awesome, Grapevine's nurses may be more experienced due to the fact it has been around longer. Although the drive is within a 1/4 mile difference in length, we've got the 2nd option of using Grapevine highway if we have to get there in a hurry. Last, our pediatrician is able to work out of Grapevine and can't go to Alliance. So we're not set in stone, but leaning towards Baylor Grapevine.

So, TTT, does anyone else have any input in this? Would love to hear everyone's opinions.
                            We live .1 miles from Alliance and delivered at Grapevine due to her Doctor and the quality of the staff. My wife works with a ton of local teachers and to be honest they aren’t reporting great experiences at Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              ^^
                              Just go with the one that makes YOUR WIFE feel comfortable
                              Correction

Comment

The one were her OBGYN has privileges and is on your insurance plan........

Comment

Working...
                                X