Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tagged an untitled trailer lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. But I just wanted to say Hi Tim!! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I can help ya.

Print this out, then give me a call.
      https://www.txdmv.gov/component/docm...ion?Itemid=232
      Sorry, just came back to the thread. For now, I decided to just use the utility trailer I have. May change my mind if I start using the kayak a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
        No. But I just wanted to say Hi Tim!! [emoji1360]

[emoji870]

Comment

Just switch the tag to the trailer you are using that day

Comment

I have registered two boat trailers in the last year in Dallas county. Neither had more than a bill of sale. Neither was titled or had a weight limit that required inspection. Just call ahead and ask what you need and get the name of the person you spoke to.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I can help ya.

Print this out, then give me a call.
              https://www.txdmv.gov/component/docm...ion?Itemid=232
              Explain. Pm if needed.

I converted a jon boat trailer to kayak. I dont want to hassle with inspection etc. Over a thing that may be pulled 3 or 4x a year

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Explain. Pm if needed.

I converted a jon boat trailer to kayak. I dont want to hassle with inspection etc. Over a thing that may be pulled 3 or 4x a year

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say (from what I saw of your conversion thread) that you won't need a trailer inspection if your combined GVW and carrying capacity is under 3,600 lbs. And you already have the trailer registered as a boat trailer. If so, there should be no need for a change in the registration unless you change the color, axcel rating, ect. There should also be no need for a title unless it can carry more than that amount of weight. Then a title, and inspection sticker, is required.

You will still need an annual registration, just like any vehicle, if used on Texas roadways.

PM sent.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-28-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Did a homemade trailer about 1.5 years ago with no problem. I think it depends on the county and how the person behind the desk is feeling that day. Supposed to be inspected by the sheriffs office or DPS I think but I just turned in the paperwork and went on my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                    I just went through the hassle of getting the boat, motor and trailer that was GIVEN to me by my parents. I had a bill of sale stating it was a gift, signed title, etc. Still took getting a trailer inspection including weight (its a tracker trailer with 17' bass tracker and 40 horse motor), sending affidavits back to my parents in Arkansas to get notorized, 4 or 5 trips to the Tax office and 4 to TPWD to finally get all the titles transferred to my name an registered. Too **** difficult.

My advice is go to the tax office and inquire about what is needed. And even then, expect to get turned away at least twice before you get it all taken care of. I'm not joking.
                    I went through something very similar in Orange County. Boat and motor had titles but trailer did not. Trailer had been previously titled as homemade but had expired. Huge pain in the you know what getting everything squared away. What should have been 1 trip to courthouse turned into 3 trips there, 1 trip to auto theft division in Beaumont, 1 trip to the DMV in Beaumont and of course couldn’t get both the automtheft and DMV in the same trip!

Comment

What’s the fine for pulling a homemade cattle trailer with expired plates?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                        What’s the fine for pulling a homemade cattle trailer with expired plates?

I have pulled trailers all over TX and surrounding states. In my life I got 1 ticket for farm tags while pulling non ag related equipment & 1 warning for expired plates. The odd thing is a complete lack of a plate has never been noticed

Comment

you don't HAVE to have a title, like others have said, just go register it. Its not up to the clerk to give you trouble over it. I hate these counties trying to rob all the citizens within them.

Comment

I didn’t have any trouble a month ago in Southlake.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                              Sorry, just came back to the thread. For now, I decided to just use the utility trailer I have. May change my mind if I start using the kayak a bunch.

I modified my utility trailer to haul 2 kayaks. 4 bolts to loosen and it on or off.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I haul dirty to sale barn 3 or 4 times a year. I see them and they see me

Comment

Working...
                                X