Unbranched antler definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbranched antler definition

on the TPWD site is confusing. I hunt in Burnet county and we have the late season unbranched antler regulation. I have a buck with 4 pts. on his right side and a slick antler on the left. I want him out of the herd and have not been able to catch him yet. Is he fair game during this late season? He has an "antler" that is unbranched.

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
    on the TPWD site is confusing. I hunt in Burnet county and we have the late season unbranched antler regulation. I have a buck with 4 pts. on his right side and a slick antler on the left. I want him out of the herd and have not been able to catch him yet. Is he fair game during this late season? He has an "antler" that is unbranched.
    I think its doe only in late season

Comment

Special Late Season During the Special Late Season, harvest is restricted to antlerless deer and unbranched antlered bucks. An unbranched antlered buck is any buck deer with an antler having no more than one point.

I pulled this off the tpwd website for Burnet County....so yes you can shoot him if one side is a spike (unbranched antler)

Comment

From TP&W for Burnet County

Special Late Jan. 8 - 21, 2018
        Special Late Season During the Special Late Season, harvest is restricted to antlerless deer and unbranched antlered bucks. An unbranched antlered buck is any buck deer with an antler having no more than one point.

If the one antler is unbranched then yes, take him.

Comment

I read and reread several times and that's what I thought, it didn't say "antlers" plural, so I thought the same thing, one is good enough. I just hope to catch him raiding some of the corn.

Comment

Yup he's legal. "AN unbranched antler"

Comment

Yes shoot him

Comment

Choot em !!!!!! He is legal.

Comment

legal... shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
                    Yes this year they changed the rule, you can shoot 3 pointers in late season now (has to have at least one unbranched antler). Last year for late doe/spike season it had to be true spike, two slick horns.

Comment

We have a real nice 5 point I would like to see this weekend.

Yes shot OP

Comment

Working...
                      X