Atn thor hd thermal rifle scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atn thor hd thermal rifle scope

Anybody on here have any experience with these? im looking at getting the 2-8X 25MM model.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
    Anybody on here have any experience with these? im looking at getting the 2-8X 25MM model.

Thanks in advance!

Don't do it. I'm an NV dealer and just don't believe it's a wise decision. There are tons of complaints when it comes to customer service, warranty repair and quality control. I'm sure some others will chime in and confirm my comments.

At this point, I'd high suggest something from Pulsar because they are the only NV manufacturer to come out with a whole new line up of thermal scopes this year and their prices are excellent for the quality of the optic. I really don't think you can beat them right now on price and quality. FLIR has a new entry level scope that is just now being released but it's probably not what you are looking for. They will probably have some more models released in 2018 but Pulsar is the hottest thing in the NV world right now and for good reason.

Just my 2 cents. I'm a full service NV dealer so if you have any questions about any brands, optics etc, feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post

Thanks in advance!
      After owning the ATN X-Sight, there is absolutely no way I would trust ATN with thousands of my hard-earned dollars. It was so buggy you couldn't believe it. They try to bake too many features into their products, and it comes at the expense of dependability in the field. There are too many horror stories online about technical problems and runarounds with customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        Don't do it. I'm an NV dealer and just don't believe it's a wise decision. There are tons of complaints when it comes to customer service, warranty repair and quality control. I'm sure some others will chime in and confirm my comments.

At this point, I'd high suggest something from Pulsar because they are the only NV manufacturer to come out with a whole new line up of thermal scopes this year and their prices are excellent for the quality of the optic. I really don't think you can beat them right now on price and quality. FLIR has a new entry level scope that is just now being released but it's probably not what you are looking for. They will probably have some more models released in 2018 but Pulsar is the hottest thing in the NV world right now and for good reason.

Just my 2 cents. I'm a full service NV dealer so if you have any questions about any brands, optics etc, feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

- Jason
        I would listen to Jason. He is a great guy to deal with and will answer any question you have. If he doesn't know it he will find it out. Give him a call you won't regreat it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas!

Comment

- Jason

In your opinion, which pulsar is the best deal for the money? I don't want frills. I want a rugged thermal with as few buttons as possible.

Comment

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                In your opinion, which pulsar is the best deal for the money? I don't want frills. I want a rugged thermal with as few buttons as possible.
                I know you asked Jason but I feel like I know he's gonna say the Pulsar Core RXQ30V. Only 4 buttons, solid build, and simple operation.

I have one and it kicks *** every time. I have a $4K+ super tube PVS-14 and last night my brother running my RXQ30V spotted the coyote loooooong before I ever knew it was there.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  I know you asked Jason but I feel like I know he's gonna say the Pulsar Core RXQ30V. Only 4 buttons, solid build, and simple operation.

I have one and it kicks *** every time. I have a $4K+ super tube PVS-14 and last night my brother running my RXQ30V spotted the coyote loooooong before I ever knew it was there.

Thank you! I've dealt with ATN night vision scopes, and have been disappointed in them. I want to keep it simple. I've also had issues with the mounting bases. They became loose after using them, weither from recoil or just time.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    Just to prove 35rem wrong, I'm going to say something besides the RXQ30V.

Actually I really do think it's an awesome scope at an amazing price. But....the best deal for the money is, in my humble opinion, the Pulsar Apex XQ38 for $2,499. It's actually the best deal for the money in the entire thermal market. I know, that is a really big comment but I'm prepared to back it up.

The new Apexes got over looked by most people, me included, when they were first released this year. The reason was, the Apex was a model that had been around for a couple years and they were good scopes but everyone figured the this year's crop wasn't going to be much better than last year's and the Trails got all the fanfare because of the video recording, wifi, rechargeable battery etc. The RXQ30V got tons of rave reviews because it was a great scope and the least expensive scope the thermal world had ever seen. But there left out in the cold was the middle child....the Apex. Well come to find out, the middle child has the exact same image quality and exact same magnification as it's $3,299 big brother the Trail XQ38. It also had a really nice price tag in common with it's little brother the RXQ30V but it had a MUCH better image quality and better optical magnification. (ok enough of the silly family metaphors, I promise)

Here is the deal, if your budget is $2,000 or less, you go with the RXQ30V and you will not be disappointed. You will kill more stuff than you ever dreamed of. But if you can swing the extra money, the Apex XQ38 gets you not only a little more optical magnification (2.1x vs the 1.6x of the RXQ) but the biggest thing is it gets you the exact same super crisp, clear, sharp image quality that everyone raves about the Pulsar XQ30, XQ38 and XQ50 and you get it for $800 less money.

So that is why I think it's the best bang for your buck if you can afford it. Again, nothing against the RXQ, it has been one of the most popular new Pulsars and for good reason. It's a crazy good deal.

FYI....PM me for some specials on the Pulsar Apexes. That's all I'm allowed to say.

That's my 2 cents.

Jason

Comment

^

Comment

Actually I really do think it's an awesome scope at an amazing price. But....the best deal for the money is, in my humble opinion, the Pulsar Apex XQ38 for $2,499. It's actually the best deal for the money in the entire thermal market. I know, that is a really big comment but I'm prepared to back it up.

The new Apexes got over looked by most people, me included, when they were first released this year. The reason was, the Apex was a model that had been around for a couple years and they were good scopes but everyone figured the this year's crop wasn't going to be much better than last year's and the Trails got all the fanfare because of the video recording, wifi, rechargeable battery etc. The RXQ30V got tons of rave reviews because it was a great scope and the least expensive scope the thermal world had ever seen. But there left out in the cold was the middle child....the Apex. Well come to find out, the middle child has the exact same image quality and exact same magnification as it's $3,299 big brother the Trail XQ38. It also had a really nice price tag in common with it's little brother the RXQ30V but it had a MUCH better image quality and better optical magnification. (ok enough of the silly family metaphors, I promise)

Here is the deal, if your budget is $2,000 or less, you go with the RXQ30V and you will not be disappointed. You will kill more stuff than you ever dreamed of. But if you can swing the extra money, the Apex XQ38 gets you not only a little more optical magnification (2.1x vs the 1.6x of the RXQ) but the biggest thing is it gets you the exact same super crisp, clear, sharp image quality that everyone raves about the Pulsar XQ30, XQ38 and XQ50 and you get it for $800 less money.

So that is why I think it's the best bang for your buck if you can afford it. Again, nothing against the RXQ, it has been one of the most popular new Pulsars and for good reason. It's a crazy good deal.

FYI....PM me for some specials on the Pulsar Apexes. That's all I'm allowed to say.

That's my 2 cents.

Jason

Thank you! After the new year, I'll hopefully be active in the scope market. I'll holler!

Comment

Thank you! After the new year, I'll hopefully be active in the scope market. I'll holler!
                          X2. Good stuff.

Comment

That's my 2 cents.

Jason
                            100% agree with Jason on this. I have hunted with the core and apex 50, which is the same resolution as the 38. Big difference in the new units vs. last years apexs. While the core is good, spend a couple more doll hairs and get the apex. You will not be disappointed, but if you get the core dont look through an apex later on. You will end up trying to buy one.

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to help!

Txhunter90 is dead on accurate. The RXQ30V is a great scope but if I show you the Apex XQ38 you are going to be digging for quarters in the couch cushions because it's not that much more money.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X