Anybody ever hunt cross winds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever hunt cross winds?

Gameplan for this weekend...y'all ever hunt cross winds? Majority of trails will be upwind, but anything that comes in up downwind will smell me quick as I'm on the ground or just not risk it and hunt somewhere else. Would like y'alls input. Not getting the winds I would like
    Last edited by cpatterson; 10-17-2017, 09:23 PM. Reason: adding pic

as you can see most of the trails are upwind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have not.

Comment

If you feel like most of your trails or best trails will be ok then I'd hunt it . Areas I hunt there is always a chance the wind will mess up a direction. So I try and make that the least preferable direction.

Comment

I do on a regular basis. That being said some of my stands are set up specifically for cross winds as all the trails are up wind from my set. Also it is a rare occurrence that the deer would actually come or move to the down wind side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
            I do on a regular basis. That being said some of my stands are set up specifically for cross winds as all the trails are up wind from my set. Also it is a rare occurrence that the deer would actually come or move to the down wind side.

Every time I've sat these sets I haven't seen anything come from the downwind side when the wind is in my face, but it's not like there is anything stopping them. I almost know for a fact a buck is not going to come from that side, but worried about the ol ornery doe.

Comment

Working...
            X