No announcement yet.

How do you fly with cash on you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What becomes the problem if it's over $10k?

Comment

My dad was an airline pilot for 28 years. So, we did alot of traveling. Of course, he did it for a living, so he was a pro at this. He taught us well. We always carry cash. But, we never carry it in the same spot. I divide up my cash and put it in different bags. Some in my carry on, some in my checked bag, some in my wallet, some somewhere else on my body like under a shoe insole for example, some in my pocket, etc. This way, if a bag gets lost or you wallet gets lost or stolen, you've only lost a portion of your cash. Of course, all of this cash in locations other than your pocket are well hidden.
      Last edited by Pullersboy; 12-09-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post
        What becomes the problem if it's over $10k?
        If you are traveling internationally, and you have over $10K, you have to declare it. Nothing happens, but there is red tape to get through if you have over $10K.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
          My dad was an airline pilot for 28 years. So, we did alot of traveling. Of course, he did it for a living, so he was a pro at this. He taught us well. We always carry cash. But, we never carry it in the same spot. I divide up my cash and put it in different bags. Some in my carry on, some in my checked bag, some in my wallet, some somewhere else on my body like under a shoe insole for example, some in my pocket, etc. This way, if a bag gets lost or you wallet gets lost or stolen, you've only lost a portion of your cash. Of course, all of this cash in locations other than your pocket are well hidden.
          No way I would leave one red cent in cash in my checked luggage!

Bisch

Comment

Like others said, keep it in your front pocket. I have paid for a couple hunts in cash. Canadians did not seem to mind. I can't even get it out of my pocket much less someone else. I keep smaller bills in separate pocket to pay for things while traveling. I would not suggest you whip out 5K to pay for Doritos and a coke.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
              I'm new to flying and am getting ready for my first big boy fishing trip. Is it a bad idea to carry cash?
              I fly a lot, especially international flights. I just dont carry much cash anymore.

If for some weird reason I need cash (and it comes up occasionally), its always carried in a special pocket I have in a couple of my pants. Impossible to pick pocket and very secure. I also stash an extra credit card outside of my money clip in case something is stolen or lost.

Comment

I'm currently sitting in the United lounge at Tokyo Narita Airport with $40 US shoved up my keister in case of emergency.

TAKE NO CHANCES, MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                  I'm currently sitting in the United lounge at Tokyo Narita Airport with $40 US shoved up my keister in case of emergency.

TAKE NO CHANCES, MAN!
                  My suggestion is to leave it as a tip for customs when you get back to the states...

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                    I'm new to flying and am getting ready for my first big boy fishing trip. Is it a bad idea to carry cash?
                    Where are you going fishing? Anything over $10k and you'll have to declare on the customs form.

Comment

I carry 5-7K to Africa every other month. Never had a problem, just keep it in my front pocket like they said above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Over 10k you have to declare and fill out a CMIR. for international flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          Where are you going fishing? Anything over $10k and you'll have to declare on the customs form.
                          Bimini then the florida keys. I may be able to do checks in the us but the Bahamas are all cash deals.

Comment

I wish I had these problems, I'm always broke so I don't worry never more than 100 bucks on me if lucky. Get a debit card!

Comment

I flew to Vegas once with 15K in a backpack. No problems at all. Just let them know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I fly to Vegas a couple times a year with 5-10 k in my pocket. Security check always tell me to just keep in my pocket. About to fly to Florida with 5 k. I've never had a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X