canted vs level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canted vs level

Wondering what the green screen has to say about a canted bow. I have been trying to hold my bow level, but noticed lately that I hold steadier on target and get better groups when holding bow say 10 degrees to the right. Is canting your bow a bad habit or should I go with what feels more natural. Can't I cant.....or is it could you cant and get away with it. .. hahaha

Compound should e level, otherwise your pins are canted.

Comment

As long as you hit what your aiming for it shouldn't matter. I stop can't my bow since that is how I learned years ago it still works for me.

Comment

Shooting hoyt spyder30. So yeah. .. not trying to pick up any bad habits. Right at the end of a shooting session today I started holding it right to see what happened

Comment

When I'm shooting dots and really working on form I focus on a level bubble.

When I'm in season and killing stuff I worry more about the result of shot.

Comment

At 20yds there is little difference. If you sight in at any given distance it won't matter.
            The problem is shooting at longer distances and on slopes. The lefts and rights then become magnified.

Comment

Shoot the bow at whatever cant feels best; level the sight according to this cant.

IOW, the bow is canted the sights are level. So easy a caveman can do it.

Comment

With the compound, you surely want to stay level.

This is a form issue, and you will want to get that corrected sooner, rather than later. If you can do it yourself, great, if not, find a local coach to help you out.

You can get away with some cant at short distance, but it will really tell on you at longer distances. The same applies with shooting up or downhill. A sight with a 3rd axis levelling capability is really valuable for this reason.

Do some Youtube searches for the importance of 3rd axis level and you will see how it can impact you, and why it is important.

Comment

Working...
                X