No announcement yet.

what has made you leave the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was walking back to my truck after an evening hunt, there was only a few seconds of light left when I notice two people standing by my truck. I started to get the binos out of my pack when they notice me and slip into the brush where my truck was parked. I walked back to camp the long way, without using my flashlight.

Comment

The lack of punctuation or really wrong places to put it scare me more than anything...

Comment

cows... :/

Comment

i have been on many, many a solo hunt. not much scares me. i use the line from shrek, "im the scariest thing in these woods". i guess i would be more scared of finding a meth lab or pot field than anything. that has never happend though. a gun toating thug would be the worst thing to find.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
            Ok, heres the question it should be titled better,.What made u so uneasy that u decided it was best to scat out of there?Reason being well lol, 3 times in my life it has happened.First time me and my dad was laughing and carrying on the woods , next thing you know this boooming set of lungs comes from no were, it was so loud my ears rung for an hour was not a panther or anything like that we have hunted are woodsman that did not belong there we seen nothing our view was obscured by a train car, next day went back after changing our shorts and found a place where something had laid and even worse , it just left from that spot it was cool out there number one steam was coming off the area 2 no frost on the spot 3 really god awful odor, forget man card i left them all out there.Well i was 15 give me a break but this thing was huge and we never saw it, but what scared me worse or most was my dad whom isnt scared of anything, i watched his face turn pale and goose bumps form on his arms.I am a realist i have to see it to belive it. but the other 2 timesare another read.What say yall?
            Okay I have to say it!
            I've never in my life heard of a "realist" believing in Bigfoot AND panthers....

Comment

Skeeters!!! Now I own 3 thermacells!!! LOL

Comment

Ive had a couple of situations where I just get the feeling that something it out there, and I skin out ASAP. Its usually on my way back to the truck, so I guess its technically not causing me to leave, more like speeding up the process. The place I hunt is super thick 25 yr old undrgrowth and on still evenings when the crickets and everything get silent, its a little eerie. Especially when the brush is too thick for your flashlight to shine much further than a few feet in.

Comment

Lightning. I had a close call a couple of times and now I give it all the respect I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                    Okay I have to say it!
                    I've never in my life heard of a "realist" believing in Bigfoot AND panthers....
                    i only belive that which i see touch and feel realist. And comment all ya want bro,its dont ruffle me lol.I have spent better part of my younger life out in the sticks, to me no difference in a couger or panther a cat is a cat they dont scare me. Not much has ever scared me out there, city life thats scary.This day and age there is no telling what was raised then turned loose out in the wild.I know what i witnessed was not by anymeans human.HECK someone explain it to me.

Comment

Had a big cat cross the path in front of me about 30 to 40 yards, pretty thick so only saw it for about a second. Prolly a bob, but the thing that scared me was that he had vertical stripes on his shoulders and large round spots on the hind end, tail longer than a bob and body length about 30% longer than a bob, about the same height as a large bob. I turned around and went the long way out as it was getting towards dusk, didn't want to be in that particular part of the thicket with what ever it was. Thing is, you never know when some quack has been raising something they shouldn't as a pet and let it go or it escapes. Prolly a bob, but never know.

Comment

Nothing too scary, but seen some strange things. 1. Swear I saw a red wolf last year. He was huge and not afraid of me. Ranch owner told me they've seen a few over the lat 20 years. TPWD says they're not in this area. 2. Stalking through the deep woods on a stormy day, I come up on a clearing and there was a single tree split in half and on fire. It had been hit by lightning a few minutes earlier. 3. Slipping through some dense swamp land and right in the middle was a small raised section of land with a giant orange tree. I sat down and ate a couple. I have can't imagine how a orange tree ended up in a bog.

Comment

explorer, I have spent some time in Horton bottom, and I can understand what you are talking about. I did a report on bigfoot in a high school english class, partly to tick off my teacher, and did lots of research about them. Horton bottom was a popular place for sightings, which surprised me at the time. I used to know a guy that had a plaster foot print of one from there, too. Bigfoot researchers would come out to his place and investigate from time to time.
                          I haven't seen or heard one, but I believe that they are real.

Comment

Originally posted by DBHIII View Post
                            I tend to overextend my kitchen passes. A not so happy wife on the other end of the line does it for me from time to time. If the weather’s not right, not worth the argument
                            That's about right. I haven't been married long enough to be as fed up with with a cranky wife as I am. Need to get an alternate cell phone number so me and my hunting buddies can stay in touch, turn my personal phone off
                            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-18-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Honey bees need I say more

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                                I had to leave the woods one time. I was so scared. I heard rumbling, had a terrible uneasy feeling in my stomach. I heard GROWLING! I ran out of there as fast as I could...

I finally made it back to my truck ......

grabbed the roll of toilet paper and ran to the back bumper to assume the position and rid my body of the beer and greasy tacos consumed the night before.
                                x2 ... Funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X