X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili from the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
      When I was a teenager hunting in East Texas I heard something running my way. Turned out to be a couple of dogs. Ran right up to me and these dogs were very friendly. I sat down with them and was scratching them and petting them.

Next thing I know this guy is screaming at me and pointing his rifle at me telling me not to hurt his dogs. I told I was just petting them. I grabbed my rifle and ran away. I found my dad and we packed up and left the area. This was on public land.
      Did you hear banjo music ?

Comment

I was hunting deep woods on the ground which I usually never do and heard what sounded just like a bowling ball fall from the sky. It was about 15 yrds from me and pitch black. My brain processed for about 45 minutes of what could have made a boom on the ground loud enough I swear I felt the ground shake. I finished that hunt because I dang sure wasn't going to leave my spot before sun up. The following day I hunted the evening. All things were good until the sun set! Once again a huge boom right next to me and couldn't see a thing. Sounded like a horse apple dropping from a tree times 1000! It was defiantly something doing this and not nature. I got out of my stand and ran it's direction with my pistol out and found nothing. Remember this was close should be able to see it. I went home and told my wife that I believe the neighbor was messing with ne and I was a little scared because anybody crazy enough to come that close to a man with a bow or gun must be insane! I wasn't gonna let that stop me so I went out the next morning with my bow and my Pistol on hip ready to unload on something!

I got into my stand before sunup and ten minutes later BAM again!!!! This time is was on the other side of me downwind. I ran out of blind guns ablazing and caught this sorry guy!!!! It was a huge 50lb beaver that was getting ****** because I was too close to a creek. He was winding me and walking to my stand from the Creek 150 yrds away and letting the world know I was there by slapping his huge tail on the ground. I had mercy and didn't shoot him. If you never heard a beaver do this especially when you never seen one in the area nor realized the ventured so far from water it's eye opening.

Comment

Bubble guts!

Comment

I'm as at home in the woods as my own house but after my 10 yard in thick cedar with a mountain lion this year, I backed out and came back immediately with a rifle. Been charged by a boar in tx, stood down a black bear in wa, but the lion really got my hair to stand up

Comment

Only had to leave the woods when nature was calling and I forgot to replenish the essentials from the last incident.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGates View Post
                What do you think it was? Bigfoot? Serious question too.
                again iam a realist i know boars they dont have lungs enough to do that, my second encounter confirmed your question yes i do, i dont talk much bout it ppl think your nuts or liar, but at 21 years of age i was back in the same area but 3 miles further in at night,in an openingby a creek i shined my light across the opening just to check things out bam 75 yards or so i was moving the light up at a pair of eyes , the grass came to my neck jonson grass and it blinked 3 times and was gone not a sound either, nothing ever scared me that bad in my life, no cows in the area for miles , again i moved my light up to see it better, cell phones where out of the question then.i stayed in a tree
                until daylight and went home in the oppsite direction.

Comment

Hey ive never seen anything like that, but my boss swears he saw a bigfoot when he lived in east texas. Said it scared the you know what out of him, and he is a big boy.

Comment

About a month ago the wind scared me outa the woods. I have a tripod set up right next to a very odd tree that after ten feet up it takes a hard curve and grows horizontal for another fifteen feet. The 30 MPH gusts got me the heck outa there. If that tree was coming down, it was bringing me with it.

Comment

Buddy and I were gathering red salmon out of a narrow creek after they spawned and died, this was when I lived in Alaska. A big grizzly decided he needed them more than we did….we agreed with him and left in a hurry.

Comment

Once only and it was last year when moose hunting. I was calling and had a bull on the way in and then the wolves started on the close ridge behind me. Then they kept getting closer and closer. At what felt like a couple hundred yards they shut up. It was time to move off in my opinion. BTW, the bull had shut up long before me.
                        I've walked hundreds of miles in the woods with bears around and never been bothered but I don't like the wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by explorer1 View Post
                          Ok, heres the question it should be titled better,.What made u so uneasy that u decided it was best to scat out of there?Reason being well lol, 3 times in my life it has happened.First time me and my dad was laughing and carrying on the woods , next thing you know this boooming set of lungs comes from no were, it was so loud my ears rung for an hour was not a panther or anything like that we have hunted are woodsman that did not belong there we seen nothing our view was obscured by a train car, next day went back after changing our shorts and found a place where something had laid and even worse , it just left from that spot it was cool out there number one steam was coming off the area 2 no frost on the spot 3 really god awful odor, forget man card i left them all out there.Well i was 15 give me a break but this thing was huge and we never saw it, but what scared me worse or most was my dad whom isnt scared of anything, i watched his face turn pale and goose bumps form on his arms.I am a realist i have to see it to belive it. but the other 2 timesare another read.What say yall?
                          Have you ever been back there ?

Comment

I was hunting late bow season and one of those rare cold fronts was slowly pushing through. I was in a ladder stand and clouds opened up unexpectedly soaking me just before daylight. The front dropped the temperature and I had to leave. Didn't realize at the time how close I came to hypthermia.

Comment

my first thought was "last night's chili" But honestly I've never had anything happen that just made me want to get out of there

Comment

My boy and I were hunting in Benavides when the idiots a ranch or 2 over decided
                                to get drunk, loud and act stupid. I say get drunk because I could here their music and their hollering from along ways away!!!!!
                                They were target shooting with rifles, pistols, and AR-AK- SKS sounding rapid fire high capacity rifles and the richocet's were plowing through the brush all around us. I lost my mind ran to the truck and drove around trying to find them. I'm very glad I didnt...Would not have been good.

Comment

Working...
                                X