bow recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow recommendation

im starting to look again for a bow for my oldest(she will be 7 in july), plus id like my wife to shoot too. is there a bow that dl adjust from say 16-17" to 24-25" and dw from say 18-40# or so. id like to get one bow so they could shoot to see if they are interested in it. thanks and id like to stay around $300 or less.

I saw a youth ladies bow in the classifieds today that might fit you

Comment

I think you might investigate the Genisis. I believe this is a very good choice for a young one learning.

Comment

Check the Diamond Razors Edge - 15-29 lbs, then the next set of limbs will go 30-60 lbs, plenty of draw length adjustment as well.

Comment

Just went through this. Here is a list of bows that I found that are adjustable in those ranges:
          Browning Micro Adrenaline
          Browning Micro Midas
          Parker SideKick
          Diamond Razor Edge
          PSE Chaos
          Mathews Genesis

There were plenty others, but I found these models plentiful in the classified of TBH, Archery Talk, Ebay & Craigslist.

I bought 2 Browning Micro Adrenaline HX's for $ 185 each fully loaded and ready to go.

Good luck!

Comment

Mathews genesis is perfect for what u r describing.

Comment

Without trying to get you to spend a lot of money, trying to get an adult woman and a 7 year old girl to both shoot the same bow could result in neither being happy and getting the archery 'bug'. You might be better off getting a used woman's bow for your wife and an inexpensive starter bow (recurve) for your daughter to get her into it. Just a thought.

Comment

Matthews genesis is probably the best if you want something they both can shoot without having to make any changes to it. If you don't mind having to adjust modules on the cams between the two of them the Diamond Razors Edge is a very good bow for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Guardian View Post
                  Matthews genesis is probably the best if you want something they both can shoot without having to make any changes to it. If you don't mind having to adjust modules on the cams between the two of them the Diamond Razors Edge is a very good bow for the money.
                  You might want to look at a 2 bow solution, a Diamond Nuclear Ice for your daughter and a Razors Edge for your wife. If your daughter can handle the size of the larger bow then maybe 2 razors edge, one with the 15-29 lb limbs and the other with the 30-60 lb limbs.

Comment

Love love love my Diamond Razor Edge! definately recommend it, mine is even pink!

Comment

Mission Menace is a good one. Bought one for my 13 yr old son he loves it. Draw lenght adjusts without a bow press and the bow can grow with them and price is good.

Comment

can't comment on the Mrs. but for the daughter...

this is not like a 'real' bow (I guess) but my 8 year old stepson and 8 year old daughter are both shooting a recurve and a child (Youth?) compound bow to see how they like both archery.

Got a Barnett Lil Sioux and a Bear Brave 2 for both (the girl's Sioux in purple and girl's Brave 2 in pink and white...even found matching armguards and gloves on a site so when Kennedy wants to coordinate. OT but was told by her it is very important to match)

they are shooting fingers with the recurve for the past four months, then bought and I adjusted Brave's to use with a D loop and Little Patriot releases. Shad likes the recurve (fingers) better and Kennedy likes the Brave 2 (release) better.

We did it this way to see if they'd like it before investing in 'real' bows. I'm not out $100 for all their things each. We're leaning to Nuclear Ice's when we do sometime next year. it seemed they had a very broad range of adjustability.

We haven't decided on the wife yet. She's leaning to a light poundage recurve so I'm skulking classifieds. just my two cents

Comment

I would also consider the Hoyt Trykon Jr.

Comment

amazon actually has good youth bows with tons of reviews

Comment

Genesis, this is also the bow that the NASP(National Archery in Schools Program) uses to keep an even playing field. They are great, don't get the mini go with the full size.

Comment

Working...
                              X