Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
    Well let's hear the facts.
    Google is your friend. Whether you like it or not, pits have a bad reputation for a reason. The numbers don't lie. Now don't go getting all emotional over the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Google is your friend. Whether you like it or not, pits have a bad reputation for a reason. The numbers don't lie. Now don't go getting all emotional over the facts.
      Lol you said you had them. Was gonna save some time since you had all the goods for me. I'm not getting emotional I'm just getting a good laugh in

Comment

Hahahah nice try...... you see the funny thing is when we have these shootings and the liberals come after gun rights, the number one argument is mental disorder, crazy person, I teach my kids how to handle a weapon they know better then that, etc and so on ........ that's our fight against the liberals for their " you don't need assault rifles they are bad they have a repeat history in violence attacks"...... same goes for the people who support pitbulls, bulldogs, rottys, and other " vicious" breeds. We say that it's the owner, it's the dogs fault he had something in his head wrong, etc and so on. And y'all rebuttal with, it's always the same breed coming up in the news, the have a history with violent attacks blah blah blah, etc and so on. So you see. On this particular argument y'all pit bull haters find in convienent to jump the fence and stand on the box that the liberals use against us. For myself I stay on my side of the fence and pro claim that some dogs just go crazy, some are raised wrong, some never have a problem. I'm not blaming the breed. I don't think we should kill off the breed. I don't think we should ban the breed. I'm just pointing out a funny fact that some of y'all like to flip flop with the liberal views. Which is fine. I just think it's funny...... I'm sure I have a lot of errors in this post, I'm typing off my phone. So you can save the " your a redneck hillbilly who can not spell, write, of course you support pit bulls"

LOL.....no spelling police here. I’m not trying to spoil anybody on a breed of dog. When we were picking our JRT out All I heard from our families was so and so’s horror stories on every JRT they heard of. Our Scout is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. Now she is in constant need of attention. LOL....hey she’s a lover. Anyway back at it. I’m not going to bang on anybody that is a responsible dog owner, BUT a lot of the pit owners are not and want the the most ****** dog anybody has ever seen. It has come to be a status symbol in some “communities”. These same people use them as scare tactics as well. I remember the Rotties and German Shepard’s going through this same deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
          So you should be treated the same way you would if you killed someone with your AR15 if your dog kills someone?
          Amen. That is the solution to the problem.

Comment

Lol you said you had them. Was gonna save some time since you had all the goods for me. I'm not getting emotional I'm just getting a good laugh in
            Me too, considering I'm not the one who stated I had anything.

Comment

There was a pit attack just this week in Clear Lake...

(2) pits literally went on a rampage...

They ran from one neighborhood to the next...covered over a mile...
              Something like (8) people attacked, two dogs killed & they even jumped through a bay window to get to one dog they killed....

HPD was running all over tracking them...
              Took something like (8) people to load them in the anaimal control truck they were so crazed...

I'll see if I can locate the news report on it...one of the victims was a family friend, so this is no fake news BS...

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                LOL.....no spelling police here. I’m not trying to spoil anybody on a breed of dog. When we were picking our JRT out All I heard from our families was so and so’s horror stories on every JRT they heard of. Our Scout is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. Now she is in constant need of attention. LOL....hey she’s a lover. Anyway back at it. I’m not going to bang on anybody that is a responsible dog owner, BUT a lot of the pit owners are not and want the the most ****** dog anybody has ever seen. It has come to be a status symbol in some “communities”. These same people use them as scare tactics as well. I remember the Rotties and German Shepard’s going through this same deal.
                I like the jrt. Buddy of mine has one and she is wound up non stop. Good dogs for sure. I've been around dogs my whole life. Grew up with my dad running hog dogs, I ran dogs up until about a year ago. We had some bad pits mixes that we had to deal with for sure and we handled them accordingly. I agree a lot of people shouldn't own the more aggressive breeds. Just like some people should own guns.

Comment

Pit bulls

Well let's hear the facts.

I've stated them. Pittbulls are less than 9% of dogs owned. They kill more humans than all other breeds combined. As I said, it facts. You can easily find those facts yourself.
                  If you can find numbers to prove me wrong, you can post them.

Correction...as of 2016, pittbulls are less than 7% of dog populations. But they still kill more than other breeds.
                  Last edited by Lostacresranch; 12-27-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I don't think comparing pits to AR15's, and the arguments for both, is really comparing apples to apples. Maybe I'm confused about the arguments but an AR15 isn't going to get out of the safe and go running through the neighborhood hurting people. Can't say the same about a pit.

I've only ever been around a few pits.
                    1) My buddy owned one that charged me and bit two others over the course of a month before it was put down.
                    2) While dove hunting one year we had a pit run at us from a quarter mile out, crossing two different property lines, while his owner yelled at it to stop. Dog caught a chest full of 7.5 at a range of less than 10 feet. Opened him up like a beer can. Darn thing was heck bent on attacking someone. (no I didn't shoot it)
                    3) Good friend of mine up in Killeen has had big pits for as long as I've known him. Last one was 100lbs easy and the biggest teddy bear you'd ever meet. I'd not trust that dog around my wife or child though.

Yes sometimes it's the owner and sometimes its the dog breed. For me though I'll just stay away from them and not risk getting injured. Same reason I don't drive through certain parts of San Antonio after dark.

God bless and happy hunting.
                    Richard.

Comment

Me too, considering I'm not the one who stated I had anything.

I think he was directing that at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...
                        Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                          I think he was directing that at me.
                          Oh, I know. He seems to have gone quiet now.

Comment

Oh, I know. He seems to have gone quiet now.
                            Dang it I knew I should of told y'all I was gonna be silent for a little bit. Was driving. Don't like to text and drive. I'm back now though

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                              There was a pit attack just this week in Clear Lake...

(2) pits literally went on a rampage...

They ran from one neighborhood to the next...covered over a mile...
                              Something like (8) people attacked, two dogs killed & they even jumped through a bay window to get to one dog they killed....

HPD was running all over tracking them...
                              Took something like (8) people to load them in the anaimal control truck they were so crazed...

I'll see if I can locate the news report on it...one of the victims was a family friend, so this is no fake news BS...
                              Sounds like a bullet would of worked better for them instead of trying to get two dogs like that under control...... I'm not saying some aren't crazy I know they can be.

Comment

My whole deal is that not all pits are crazy. Some can be. just like some people can be crazy. The crazy ones need to be dealt with...... most people think that just because of the breed it's automatically bad, is not fair to do that. If you see somebody walking around with a dew rag on their head or turban wrapped around their head are they automatically bad? Some may be bad, the others can be good , but does that give us the right to go around shooting and killing everybody that wears a dew rag or turban? ( I say that because I have seen people post on other PB threads say that if they see a pit crossing their yard they will shoot them lol) I originally got in this conversation because of the logic of argument some are using. I never said pits are a saint of an animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X