Hoist and basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoist and basket

This will be my off season project. I hunt alone 90% of the time. So I want to fab up a hoist and basket- one piece

This is what I have in mind. Im thinking of using the winch on jeep to do the lifting, maybe run cable over pulleys. Then I want to use a bar with hooks and piece of chains to place around deer or hogs and lift up onto basket. Will probably use 3/16, 2in sq tube
    How tall should it be? I’m thinking top tube should be as wide as the basket. Do y’all got anything similar? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look at doing this on the back of the jeep versus on the front, just seems more practical that way and less fab work needed, unless you already have a 2" receiver on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
      I would look at doing this on the back of the jeep versus on the front, just seems more practical that way and less fab work needed, unless you already have a 2" receiver on the front.
      Yes I already have a 2” rec on the front of jeep that I put when I built my bumper. But is there an arm to pole ratio for lifting? I’m thinking that if I have a 2ft arm span then the upright pole can’t be 1ft.
      Thanks

Comment

For the pulleys check out this place.

Comment

How much do you charge to draft up schematics ?

Comment

A friend of mine build one years ago that was vertical that went in the rec on the back of his Jeep. Had a boat winch he could crank them up by the horns and haul to camp. Could be used for skinning also.

Comment

Your drawing sucks but I like your idea !

I've actually thought about a variation of that myself. I want the lift to come off the basket though. The one thing I'm concerned with is the leverage of picking up a load might put on the tubing that goes in the reciever.

Big hogs are hard for an old fart to load. Ain't no handles on them !

Comment

Good idea. But I suggest a rack on the front with a fold out ramp on the side.
                As far as handles on hogs, use a very short rope with a handle to tie around the upper jaw to drag. With the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  How much do you charge to draft up schematics ?
                  It depends on how detail you want it. Charge more for color. Oh and by appointment only, I'm very busy!

Comment

What would be the full added length from the bumper? Guessing 3 feet? It would work great on level roads but I would worry about clearance if you have any creek bottoms or big inclines.

Comment

Update. I built the basket. Put a receiver tube in front. Basket is 33x19x5. Receiver tube on back will be for the lift.

Comment

Welds look good I think.

Comment

I’m thinking of going with a 4ft long vertical tube. What y’all think? The horizontal top tube will be about 21” long just so it clears the front of basket

Comment

This is what I’m thinking. How’s it look?

Comment

If you are going to roll that setup build an extension piece so you can hang to clean. I had a similar setup and it got old bouncing around listening to the hoist bounce around the farm.

Comment

Working...
                              X