No announcement yet.

Trespasser help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like there is lots of people on here that don't own property. If some of these fools on here owned property, their tune would change. There are way too many people on here defending the trespassing *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
      Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.
      Landowners should not even have to have no trespassing signs. Just a fence.

I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
        I get what you are saying, and if someone had good intentions like they saw a fire or needed emergency help that would be different in my book in terms of how I felt about it. In this case the guy left no note, he had a vehicle so if it was an emergency LE would of know about it and he would of driven to the hospital not the neighbors. Turning off trail cams and sticking around for 15 mins doesn't meet the good neighbor test to me.

I had a farm out near Madisonville until recently and would leave a note with my number on the gate if it was locked and I wanted to contact them. Many now have their number written somewhere on the gate for just this purpose.

There are a million innocent reasons why you would drive onto someone's property. This one though doesn't pass the smell test.

I should also add that from other posts the OP has made I know the size of his acreage and 15 minutes on there is a bad bad sign.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
          Yup that's the only reason I'm hunting him down.

He pulled in and drove around everywhere that was truck accessible. Parked in my back wood line. Went all around my feed pens and set ups.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
            Seems like there is lots of people on here that don't own property. If some of these fools on here owned property, their tune would change. There are way too many people on here defending the trespassing *****.
            They are the same guys wanting to go on a hunt for $50 but only if it includes lodging for 2 nights and food!

They just have zero idea what it takes to own land. Maybe all land should be shared equally these days

Comment

Good luck getting to the bottom of this Jason. I know exactly how frustrating this can be.. You need to catch him on your property with a firearm to really have any chance of any kind of punishment..
              Heck I once chased a guy from a place we used to hunt, in Leon county, all the way to his house. Called the game warden while setting in the drive way of the tresspassers house and the GW said that I needed to restrain him on our property the next time.. He wouldn't even come to the house..

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Landowners should not even have to have no trespassing signs. Just a fence.

I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?
                Old East Texas saying from my younger days. When my grandfather was getting on to me for doing stupid stuff.

Comment

Roughly 90 acres with 75% woods. It takes me 3 minutes to drive around the open area going 5-10mph. I can walk the mowed area in 10-12 min.

Comment

Dang. I just came back here for an update. I guess there's almost nothing that can't be argued on here anymore. Good luck Antlers

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      I've tried to catch a hint of his point but it just ain't registering. A fence is a fence, regardless if the gate is open or not. Do this down South and you will more than likely be shot at.

Same here, can’t figure out the logic.

Entitlement?

Comment

Its a play on both sayings.....more sarcastic than anything. I have heard it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;

Well than I’m confused cause I don’t see house listed as “property of another” huh must not be property then.

Listen I hope he identifies the guy and issues him a CTW for starters and takes it from there. The reason trespassers suck so much is because there isn’t much you can do, even if you get them arrested, good luck with having the charge stick. Like others have pointed out all he’s gonna tell the judge is that he wanted to say hello.

On the other side of that if you have pictures of him approaching that camera presumably to turn it off I think you would greatly increase the chances of the judge ruling favorably

Y’all just wanna shoot people and hang em high. This is texas but it ain’t the Wild West.

Comment

I had surgery on my rocket once. Been getting brain ever since.

Comment

Meanwhile here in Wilson & Karnes County some well intentioned people are going onto people’s property and setting stacked round hay bales on fire.
                              5 places hit w over 400 bales burnt.
                              Farmers around here are locked&loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Good luck getting to the bottom of this Jason. I know exactly how frustrating this can be.. You need to catch him on your property with a firearm to really have any chance of any kind of punishment..
                                Heck I once chased a guy from a place we used to hunt, in Leon county, all the way to his house. Called the game warden while setting in the drive way of the tresspassers house and the GW said that I needed to restrain him on our property the next time.. He wouldn't even come to the house..

This is exactly my point....and it Ps me off too that it seems laws favor the bad folk but that’s the times we are in....can’t just shoot people for stepping foot on your property. It’s not the GW or any other LEO not wanting to do their job it’s the way laws are written that ties hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X